Toronto The King East | ?m | 15s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

Went by the site today. They are almost finished with all floors just small part remains to be poured for penthouse roof on east side and they can start closing the inset in the middle of the building. Windows are up to 9th floor on west/south/east side didn't go to the north side of the building.

A lot of activity on the site, there were two cement trucks there, I think I've counted about 20 workers in total from guy stopping traffic to the guy on the roof.

Seems like they have gone to "plad" speed. :)

I will take some pictures on Friday afternoon and post them.

Went by the site today. They are almost finished with all floors just small part remains to be poured for penthouse roof on east side and they can start closing the inset in the middle of the building. Windows are up to 9th floor on west/south/east side didn't go to the north side of the building.

A lot of activity on the site, there were two cement trucks there, I think I've counted about 20 workers in total from guy stopping traffic to the guy on the roof.

Seems like they have gone to "plad" speed. :)

I will take some pictures on Friday afternoon and post them.

They're sending out letters with official move in dates this week right? I'm really curious what the date will be so I can plan the rest of the year (vacations or lack thereof and all).

Oh and thanks Boomix... I just spent the last 10 minutes reading space balls quotes on imdb! Haha.

Since I had nothing to do this morning, I actually decided to take some crappy phone pics of this thing.

Southern view
7172653825_14b285717f_b.jpg

7357845608_7a7cd43906_b.jpg

East view
7357828474_11ede9d6b2_b.jpg

7172610275_c0594fbb56_b.jpg

7357853084_b78c48fb19_b.jpg

North view
7172619187_dcc536ca78_b.jpg

South west
7172627519_2aa2371cba_b.jpg

Ha! What time were you taking those pictures, I was biking by this morning as well and saw someone taking pictures : )

It's funny, none of the renderings that I saw, had that indentation, that we can see in the building now. Has the design changed from the rendering or is there some way to fill in that missing portion? Does anybody know what's going on? I actually like that indentation. It's something out of the ordinary. This whole building is looking surprisingly good.

Which indentation? Do you mean the gap in the middle of the building? That's for concrete trucks to pull into - the crane drops the bucket down that canyon. It will be filled in as soon as the building is topped out next week.

Which indentation? Do you mean the gap in the middle of the building? That's for concrete trucks to pull into - the crane drops the bucket down that canyon. It will be filled in as soon as the building is topped out next week.

Yeh, I did mean that gap in the middle. I was starting to like it, so I'm disappointed it's only temporary. I've never seen another building constructed that way.

That gap splits the block up nicely. It's almost disappointing to me that it will be filled in.

Well I have my access to the Internet finally and here is my set of pics, I was taking pics on Friday around 6 pm. :) Thanks for picking up my slack with pics, people.

TKE-09th-JUNE-2012

June 29, 2012:
IMG_4321.jpg

I really like how this building is turning out. The glazing/dark mullions and red brick accents make this building stand out, but also complement the heritage buildings to the north and east. I have to give credit to Brad Lamb for not cheapening out in the design. Now if only First Gulf could do something similar for its res site on the nwc of Front and Berkeley...

Back