Toronto The James at Scrivener Square | 81.65m | 21s | Tricon | Graziani + Corazza

It's like our very own Batman building straight out of Nashville.

That can't be One City Hall. My guess would be at Victoria College, at the corner of Charles and St. Thomas, but even that doesn't sound right to me.

mystery:

I suggested One City Hall Phase 2 for two reasons:

1. There seems to be an object resembling the City Hall clock tower in the fogged background on the first page.

2. The low scaled building at one end of the L-shaped complex seems like the hertiage structure (transformer station?) that's present at the site.

AoD

I think they are aiming for a taller building for phase 2 of 1 City Hall. And this looks nothing like the design as set out by Hariri Pontarini (and why would they throw out that design when it fit perfectly with phase 1?).

mystery:

I think you're right!

alklay:

I wasn't remotely sure about the site in question - just throwing ideas around, basically.

AoD

That's why I'm sure it's not at City Hall. That site can take a much larger building. If Diamante was going to wimp out it would be more profitable for them just to sell the site with it's proposed 50 storey design to another developer.

If it is at summerhill, I can't believe they're going to be able to start a 34 storey building this spring without the NIMBY wolves coming for their necks first.

I'd like to see more detail in the rendering but I love Art Deco so this has me excited. Nice to see a change in design too - like a breath of fresh air.

Hmmmm.......looks evil, I like it. The renderings are crap so far but I'm sure we'll get a better rendition of it in the not so distant future. Glad to see a trend away from boxes is happening. Don't get me wrong we have some sexy boxes in this town but I could go for something else from time to time.

looks very preliminary- not much to tell from it...The background does resemble the area around Summerhill, but who can be sure with that rendering..?

p5

The small massing model's footprint also suggests the small storefronts along Yonge Street, and the curving street of Scrivner's Square.

...so the question comes up again: what's the status on this project? Where are the City, the OMB, the locals on this?

We learn here that the original 38 floor proposal is now down to 34 floors. But as of when? When did Young + Wright design this building and put it up on their website? They say 'construction may start as early as spring 2007', and we all know that's not happening, so this is probably old news design-wise.

Back