Toronto The Heathview | 108.81m | 30s | Morguard Corporation | P + S / IBI

I agree. There exists a blight that is uglier than the 530.

lol. The sad thing is that that corner could've had a nice flat-iron building, one of the few opportunities for those in our city. They should at least put some patio furniture & a coffee shop on that corner.

Oh well maybe it'll be improved in the future.

Oh shit, that's a whole nother story...

I know someone who lives in this, and he says it was designed by an architect from communist Hungary.

One of the dominant architectural styles in our city unfortunately:
http://goo.gl/maps/j9qgn

The "commie block" or "le corbusier block"
On the plus side, it does provide affordable & dense housing. There are large concentrations in higher end neighbourhoods like Yonge & Eg and High Park as well. Some of them aren't too bad. The Uno Prii ones can be nice.

This is my favourite one:
http://goo.gl/maps/rrulP

They painted one near Wellesley & Jarvis with a phoenix mural, it looks pretty good.

Screen Shot 2014-01-20 at 9.44.28 PM.jpg

I actually quite like these. A rare example of nice international-style architecture, just 3 blocks from the Stalinist Block at Vaughn and Bathurst.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-20 at 9.44.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-20 at 9.44.28 PM.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,189
Those look great.

I like these ones too. They don't even look that old.

They look good in white. It might look nicer if they painted the brown ones white. There are so many of these along the Don Valley, you can see them towering over the ravine trail. In general these buildings could probably look better if they were maintained & cleaned better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier this evening, Morguard held a preview event for the Heathview. It was a mob scene. I got in far enough to talk to a rep, but there was no point in taking pics inside. We'll catch up with this complex soon.

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2818.jpg
    IMG_2818.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,148
  • IMG_2821.jpg
    IMG_2821.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,137
From last week..

Heathview from Humber Bay Park.

Heathview from Humber Shores.jpg

Attachments

• Heathview from Humber Shores.jpg
    Heathview from Humber Shores.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,063
Say what you want the colours work here better then most !

Those are going to be unbelievable south-facing living spaces for those with the double-height penthouses.

From last week:

P1380886.jpg

Attachments

• P1380886.jpg
    P1380886.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 643

Back