Toronto The George | ?m | 4s | Old Stonehenge | Studio JCI

Coming to C of A next week. Address is 120 Front St E but it is really to do with parking for this proposed hotel.

Application Number:

22 203967 STE 13 MV
Application Type:
Minor Variance
Date Submitted:
15/09/2022
Hearing Scheduled
Description:
To alter the existing mixed-use building by designating 37 of the 43 non-residential parking spaces (located in the B-1 level) as a "Public Parking" use with the intent of permitting 20 of the 37 parking spaces to be leased as valet parking to a proposed hotel (municipally known as 197 King Street East) and the remaining 17 parking spaces to be rented to members of the public on a monthly basis.

See: https://secure.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=QUBW0tKsXudTg7rPrqfOcQ==

Last edited:
They have finished the brick repairs on the front wall and the roof is (mostly?) removed. Note the new lights and windows too.

IMG_1318[1].JPG

Hadn't been around this part of the neighbourhood for awhile, and was shocked to see this jutting out from the brick building this past weekend. Curious on how it will look once they are finished, but I generally don't like vertical additions on existing brick buildings.

It is certainly a strange shape. I pass by almost every day, and have had a few peeks inside (not much to see except dust and destruction so far) and also into the courtyard, which looks like it has a lot of potential, but is just mud and excavation (and a bit of a scraggly tree) right now. If done right, this could be a really nice addition to the strip, which is largely lacking in life.

Thanks! I can tell you that the addition is now covered with a first layer of cladding.

Back