Toronto The Garrison at The Yards | ?m | 12s | Onni Group | Wallman Architects

Garrison getting the Beetlejuice treatment.

GARRISON-AT-THE-YARDS-25-05-2012-2.jpg

GARRISON-AT-THE-YARDS-25-05-2012-1.jpg

The avoidance of spandrel really does make a positive difference on producing attractive window wall cladding. Wallman's current buildings have been consistent with that. It's also neat to see how close some of these projects are to the Gardiner. Really shows how this construction boom is filling in almost every nook and cranny of the downtown core.

It's a cool effect seeing how close to the Gardiner many of these condos are. My only concern is for the day when a car or truck smashes through or flips over the guard-rail and ends up in someone's living room!

It's a cool effect seeing how close to the Gardiner many of these condos are. My only concern is for the day when a car or truck smashes through or flips over the guard-rail and ends up in someone's living room!

Funny... Just read this on the Star:

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/a...into-willowdale-house-after-police-chase?bn=1

I hear way more of these incidents than I hear about cars going over the Gardiner so it seems like you should be concerned about cars in your living room anywhere you live.

I'd still be nervous as hell every time a tractor trailer passes by though!

I really hope they use double doors and double windows in all the units that face the Gardiner though. The noise would be so bad for those units. DNA in Liberty Village has double doors and windows in all units facing the railway. The result is a pretty sound proof wall of glass.

Taken today. Yep, that is plastic on the brick - but you can make out the brick as some of the plastic has come off.

GARRISON-AT-THE-YARDS-27-05-2012-1.jpg

GARRISON-AT-THE-YARDS-27-05-2012-2.jpg

GARRISON-AT-THE-YARDS-27-05-2012-3.jpg

GARRISON-AT-THE-YARDS-27-05-2012-4.jpg

I don`t know if there`s film on the windows or what - but some have a purpleish hue to them.
GARRISON-AT-THE-YARDS-27-05-2012-5.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome shot.

I love this design. The use of brick and the way the midrise is sitting on a sort of "pedestal" as its podium is a neat touch.

Last edited:
I like this building, but I still have a hard time believing living quite literally right beside the Gardner--never mind having your third- or fourth-floor windows almost sitting on top of it--is desirable.

Back