Toronto The Garrison at The Yards | ?m | 12s | Onni Group | Wallman Architects

This project is now exactly level with the driving surface of the Gardiner Expressway. And so close that an athletic person could literally jump across. I hope the 4th floor isn't going to be residential.

Wouldn't they need to remove the heavy metal fence/railing along Bathurst, especially if there is going to be retail? The building looks so isolated behind that railing.

torontovibe - if you have a peek at some of the renders it shows there metal railing removed to give access to the ground floor retail. I've very much looking forward to seeing additional progress on this building, it's a great addition to the area and will provide a nice visual break from the sea of glass to the east in city place.

Did anyone else see this over the area this morning? 7:40am extremely intense red glowing rectangle of light that disappeared, I thought it was the sun rising but it just disappeared seconds later.

ufo740am3feb2012toronto.png

Last edited:
Sauron must have really fallen on hard times to be picking up casual labour on condo construction sites...so sad...

Maybe the rising sun was reflecting against something that directed its glare at you for a brief moment, but the reflection was lost or directed elsewhere as the sun continued to rise.

great pics red mars! looking forward to seeing some cladding on this building...should be coming soon...

I think the retail is going to be quite good in this building. (Garrison is near the end of the video)
[video=youtube;aIjCvCnjPsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIjCvCnjPsM[/video]

didn't have my camera handy yesterday - but noticed windows have been installed on the north side of the first residential floor. looks good, but am missing the brick from the renders...assuming that'll come later...

Back