Toronto The Forest Hill Condominiums | 60.7m | 17s | CentreCourt | BDP Quadrangle

They’re really touting the direct access to the LRT through the building as part of the sales pitch and rightfully so. I think this looks classy and simple, and like AlbertC said it definitely has that Tower Hill vibe which fits with the mid century character of the area. This isn’t Victorian Toronto and the new builds around here should reflect that.

Thanks for this! Does anyone know if updated architectural plans are available? The one dated June 2018 doesn’t seem to match the floor plans that were just released.

Thanks for this! Does anyone know if updated architectural plans are available? The one dated June 2018 doesn’t seem to match the floor plans that were just released.

Plans are now up:

65465.JPG

Given the Crosstown delay. The Centercourt now thinks the Occupancy could be towards end of 2023. This is IF Crosstown would actually get completed in 2022. If I am a betting man, I think the actual date would be well into 2024.

The Development and Timeline

A 14-storey residential building is being constructed by CentreCourt Development at 859-861 and 875 Eglinton Avenue West. The site is bounded by Eglinton Avenue West to the north, Bathurst Street to the east, a commercial two-storey building (2016 Bathurst Street) and public laneway to the south and Peveril Hill North to the west. The development, in its completed form, will consist of 333 dwelling units with ground-floor retail and a two-level underground parking garage for approximately 201 vehicles.

A detailed review of the construction schedule was undertaken by the developer to minimize the project duration and impacts of the construction on all road users. Based on the information provided by the developer, the entire site will be excavated lot line to lot line on all four sides. The developer has advised that due to limited availability of space, all construction activities, including delivery and storage of construction materials, cannot be accommodated within the site.

Major construction activities and associated timelines for the development are described below:
• Demolition: December 2020 to January 2021;
• Excavation and shoring: January 2021 to August 2021;
• Below grade formwork: June 2021 to February 2022;
• Above grade formwork: February 2022 to January 2023;
• Building envelope phase: December 2021 to April 2023; and
• Interior finishes stage: February 2022 to August 2023.

A construction staging area will be set up within the road right-of-way including the east sidewalk and the entire roadway of Peveril Hill North between Eglinton Avenue West and the first laneway south of Eglinton Avenue West for a period of 29 months.

Over 300 units from only 14 floors is excellent. I just hope the units aren't too small given the lot is only about an acre. IIRC, these chunkier midrises with 20-25 units per floor need 1.5+ acres to have decent unit sizes. Also way too much parking for a site on top of what's essentially a subway station.

Back