Toronto The Charles at Church | 152.7m | 47s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

Not settled quite yet, still up in the air.

20210520_134927_HDR.jpg

They have been working there full time, it's a very complicated site 2 of the buildings had to be moved and they will be moved again before excavation commences.
Oh thanks for the reply. I have concerned this building may end up with not being able to complete, like some of the other ones in Toronto....

Oh thanks for the reply. I have concerned this building may end up with not being able to complete, like some of the other ones in Toronto....
That depends on whether the developer remains afloat for the duration and completion of this project. So effectively, there will always be a probability this project could go Cresford up at anytime. That said, I am unaware that Aspen Ridge is any where near that point at this time. So I think we're good.

That depends on whether the developer remains afloat for the duration and completion of this project. So effectively, there will always be a probability this project could go Cresford up at anytime. That said, I am unaware that Aspen Ridge is any where near that point at this time. So I think we're good.
No-one was aware that Cresford were in trouble until their Sales VP started crying foul. No-one is currently crying foul over any other Toronto developer, and in regards to Aspen Ridge in particular, they have a ton of money behind them, so there's no reason to even speculate that that company is anywhere near imperilled. Unfounded rumours are often started by speculation, so I think it's important to be categorical.

No-one was aware that Cresford were in trouble until their Sales VP started crying foul. No-one is currently crying foul over any other Toronto developer, and in regards to Aspen Ridge in particular, they have a ton of money behind them, so there's no reason to even speculate that that company is anywhere near imperilled. Unfounded rumours are often started by speculation, so I think it's important to be categorical.

I agree with that. And perhaps I should have qualified that better, as my goal here was an attempt to pour water on any suspicion that this project was in trouble...

...I mean, they're moving heritage structures around like furniture; that's not a cheap process by any means and stretch. That could only reasonably mean they are well funded here.

That said, sorry if I wasn't helping much though in trying to explain that originally. :(

They have been working there full time, it's a very complicated site 2 of the buildings had to be moved and they will be moved again before excavation commences.
understand it is complicated but cant figure out what you meant “ 2buildings need to be moved“.... how can buildings be moved?

understand it is complicated but cant figure out what you meant “ 2buildings need to be moved“.... how can buildings be moved?
They are referring to the two heritage buildings (Manhattan apartment) that were originally on the site. The facade has to be retained, therefore they are being moved to protect them. If you look closely at previous photos, builder lifted them up and built a foundation. That's why it's complicated.

Last edited:
They are referring to the two heritage buildings (Manhattan apartment) that were originally on the site. The facade has to be retained, therefore they are being moved to protect them. If you look closely at previous photos, builder lifted them up and built a foundation. That's why it's complicated.
Thanks for the reply and it is amazing to me that an existing building being lifted up and skidded away

Thanks for the reply and it is amazing to me that an existing building being lifted up and skidded away

This image from @bilked on the previous page shows the building up on the mobile supports. You can see the name of the company to whom the supports belong on the front of same.

Toronto is becoming quite skilled at this, and it is not an irregular occurrence.

1623066978241.png

Back