Toronto The Carnaby Condos | 70.41m | 20s | Streetcar | TACT Architecture

Over 13 months after the parks "groundbreaking".. still nothing happening.

IMG_1404.JPG

The retail spaces beyond metro are also still 100% empty.

Also, the pavers in the central plaza are already looking extremely beat up.

IMG_1413.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1404.JPG
    IMG_1404.JPG
    250.9 KB · Views: 902
  • IMG_1413.JPG
    IMG_1413.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 1,217
I went here recently and was very disappointed! It was nothing like I had expected due to the articles and renderings I had seen here on Recon.

I really didn't expect much given the developer. Not a knock on Streetcar but really, what projects have they done in the past that went beyond just the structure? It's just no their thing.

Ugh that's BS, its up to the city to clean up their act...section 37 funds and land have been handed to the city quite a while ago..
The city talks a good tune regarding having parks, yet this an example of smoke from them when have a nice location to create one.

This is another example where it will take a decade or so to get retail into this project and don't need retail at the base of each project.

Have seen a number of project that were completed almost a decade ago still with empty retail units.

It didn't take long to get retail into Ten93 Queen W and it still not finish. The Nest been done a year and still empty for retail.

Surprise surprise, it's difficult to find retailers at the exuberant demanded rents. What I find fascinating is that the Property Management of these places would rather have the spaces sit empty than lower their demands.

The city talks a good tune regarding having parks, yet this an example of smoke from them when have a nice location to create one.

This is another example where it will take a decade or so to get retail into this project and don't need retail at the base of each project.

Have seen a number of project that were completed almost a decade ago still with empty retail units.

It didn't take long to get retail into Ten93 Queen W and it still not finish. The Nest been done a year and still empty for retail.

Here's a note from a friend in Ana Bailao's office regarding the park:

Pessoa Park is expected to start start construction this fall. Following the ground breaking last summer, Toronto water identified some needed changes to the storm water management design and Streetcar and the City have now finalized the design so that construction can begin.

Nobody wants a negligently flooded park with all the stormwater issues we're seeing!

(Thanks BL!)

I am glad to see work proceeding on Pessoa Park finally, but boy they have not made good decisions in their central mews area.

Back