Burlington The Burleau | ?m | 27s | Trinity Point

just east of the creek

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was in the downtown area of Burlington, taking some photos of other building under way, and viewed
IMG_3030.jpeg
IMG_3029.jpeg
IMG_3028.jpeg
IMG_3032.jpeg
these notices posted on fencing across the street ( south side of Lakeshore). I could not find any documentation on the City of Burlington web site, but that might just be me. The site has been a parking lot for some time and is bordered on at least three sides by built, building, or in application, major condo developments. This would probably be more of the same.

New pre-application for the almost-triangular site at the bottom of Pearl street in downtown Burlington.

"The proposed development of the subject lands features a 27 storey mixed-use building with 276 residential units and at-grade retail along Lakeshore Road and Old Lakeshore Road. The development proposes 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units. An application for an Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law Amendment will be required to permit the proposed development."

Screenshot 2024-03-12 155801.png

Screenshot 2024-03-12 155754.png

The site is located beside the Bridgewater development with the Pearle by Marriott, and across Lakeshore Blvd. from Nautique and BeauSoleil condos currently under construction. The site is currently mostly parking lot with a house which had been converted to a small office space, but the whole site has been fenced off since July 2023.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 155839.png

Screenshot 2024-03-12 155859.png

Since this is pre-app there isn't much info and the one rendering and preliminary site plan are quite small images. I'll keep an eye out for more info coming soon.

https://www.burlington.ca/en/news/c...s/acamar-dwelling-corp-2072-lakeshore-rd.aspx

I hope they are going to buy at least one waterfront property nearby for an offsite parkland dedication.

Otherwise, looks decent, has supportable precedent.

Back