Toronto The Berczy | 41.76m | 13s | Concert | Arcadis

I have to somewhat disagree with the layout comment. Compare these layouts with Thompson Residences which are selling for $100/sqft higher and let's talk. The Berczy has alot of good layouts but like anything else, it's not perfect and there are some wonky suites. There are less "bowling alley" type of suites than you think. Tridel's Reve had a lot of good suite layouts as well IMO.

Was just taking another look at the floor plans on the website and it seems as if two layouts A9 and B9 which are one bedrooms and one bedroom + dens are now available. This wasn't in the brochure so I'm assuming they reconfigured a two-bedroom unit into two one-bedroom units?

Anyone have any information about this?

Those are indeed new layouts which broke apart the D13 layout, which was a 2 bedroom plus den @1350 sqft from floors 3-10.

Considering that if this was opening weekend, the new A9 and B9s would have been sold out, so, go for it if you are interested but those layouts arent the best.

S'Bus

I'm surprised they are altering the floor plans seeing as the sales centre is closing next Friday! I guess that floorplan wasn't selling very well.

Anyone know how much these new units are going for? Same $psq as when it launched? or has it gone up or down a bit?

seems that a lot of developments end up breaking up larger units into two one-bedroom units. I understand the economic considerations, but i think it is unfortunate that fewer large units are being built.

seems that a lot of developments end up breaking up larger units into two one-bedroom units. I understand the economic considerations, but i think it is unfortunate that fewer large units are being built.

Though I agree that it's "unfortunate that fewer large units are being built" we need to remember that developers are here to make money (and, if they are lucky, a decent building). If there are no buyers for larger units but lots for smaller ones it's clear what will happen.

Here's the conundrum... the developers intended on building larger units, but no one's buying so they had to improvise.

Perhaps the $ psf needs to be lower on larger units than smaller units to meet the supply/demand equilibrium. But alas, if the demand for smaller units is there then any developer will be biased to break up larger units into smaller ones as it's clearly more profitable to do so.

It's too bad.

Haven't had a chance to pass by lately...anyone know how construction is going here? I think it was supposed to start November 1st. Is the building demolished?

No demolishion, the sales office is still there.
Their Demolition Permit was issued in October so they could start any time. Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON M5E 1B3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 203744 DEM 00 DM Issued Date: Oct 7, 2010

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Demolition

Description: This is for the demolition of a multi storey mixed use set of buildings to make room for a new 13 storey mixed used building that is to be constructed under permit no. 10 203 736 BLD 00 NB

Nice! What I meant was there hasn't been any demolition YET.

. Their Demolition Permit was issued in October so they could start any time. Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON M5E 1B3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 203744 DEM 00 DM Issued Date: Oct 7, 2010

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Demolition

Description: This is for the demolition of a multi storey mixed use set of buildings to make room for a new 13 storey mixed used building that is to be constructed under permit no. 10 203 736 BLD 00 NB

^^^i'm hoping that there will be demolition soon. i think this one is going to be nice..... very nice location, right across from the flatiron, right? its close to saint james park, is accesible to the financial district very easily and is near the saint lawrence market too. i think this one is worth investing in

This should drastically improve the look of the entire street and would probably make the flatiron even more imposing.

Back