Toronto The Berczy | 41.76m | 13s | Concert | Arcadis

Today:

VQaLUmp.jpg

fGXhnPp.jpg

Zooming in

From @SkyJacked793's point of view:

8707922158_b251fb06e3_b.jpg

8706728375_f09d52e4b5_h.jpg

On the second image I took some liberties to make it look more like a model ... I hope that's alright with you Rob (and everyone else)

Last edited:
May 8th

Can't pass by here without taking pics of one of my favorite new construction condos

Can't wait to see what retail and restaurants are going in here :D

The top screams cheap. Bottom on the other hand is beautiful.

I think the entire building should have been designed like the bottom half; what a missing opportunity for a landmark !!
Cannot imagine why some architects could be so un-inspiring .... especially in Toronto.

Last edited:

Taken late today.

You know..
With the dark overcast grey evening sky, late in the day, if you turn down your monitor brightness, stand back about ten feet, and stare into a bright light bulb for a moment first,...it actually don't look that bad.

Ok I will admit that photo makes this thing look awful. Oi. It's better in person but I can understand people's disappointment with that upper part.

Such an atrocious way to bookend an appealing row of Victorian commercial buildings. The ghastly tone of grey intensifies its hulking mass, and simply drains the visual senses.

I totally get it. It's called getting the cheapest design for your dollar. I am not commenting on the technical skill of the architect, nor the money involved in the material but rather the aesthetic license to do something creative. That takes aA good architect with a vision. Most importantly, it takes a developer that cares enough to hire the best architects and allow them to spend a bit of time creating something beautiful.

Concert is very conservative--analyze their portfolio and you'll get this project.

What I would've done (ok you've seen what I would've done already :)) -- an inspired modern take on the "winners" building on the right.

Last edited:
I agree this looks much nicer in person and in full sun at about 12 noon. but it photographs very poorly! That is not to imply that the photographers are all bad. They take great photos and capture what the lenses see.

I totally get it. It's called getting the cheapest design for your dollar. I am not commenting on the technical skill of the architect, nor the money involved in the material but rather the aesthetic license to do something creative. That takes aA good architect with a vision. Most importantly, it takes a developer that cares enough to hire the best architects and allow them to spend a bit of time creating something beautiful.

Concert is very conservative--analyze their portfolio and you'll get this project.

What I would've done (ok you've seen what I would've done already :)) -- an inspired modern take on the "winners" building on the right.

aA!? No thanks - we have enough of their boring uninspired design all around the city.

Back