Toronto The Avenue | ?m | 19s | Camrost-Felcorp | P + S / IBI

October 22 2008 update

Construction starting on the 5th floor ~

DSC01148.jpg

MODs ... I think this is going to be 19 storeys in total? :)

This one has really taken a while. However, it is quite a small plot of land, so I'm sure that's not making it easy.

I think the devil will be in the details of this project, namely the quality of cladding. I think it could turn out schlocky or be a very nice addition to the neighbourhood. Is it going to have ground-floor retail? This area is quite densely populated but has very little by way of standard condo shopping (dry cleaners, convenience store, etc.).

The street level has excellent retail potential and main setback looks like an average Yaletown condo here in Vancouver but then it get's far too busyand crassy at the top. To summarize this beautiful neighborhood deserves better, perhaps to bite their nails watching a 20 story Uptown rise or at least a vacant site with a sign reading 1 Bedford.
,Evan

Wow - thanks for posting the pictures. This project is really taking shape! Looking forward to when the building is topped off and they start closing it in.

Anyone have any thoughts about this building? I have relatives overseas who are looking at this building.

It will be cool to see this one rise from Bloor and Avenue.

Photo was taken Feb. 9, 09.

100.jpg

Source

And a quick reminder of what we're getting here.

the_avenue.jpg

Last edited:
It's funny how P+S designed one of my favourite buildings going up currently (Ritz), and then they designed this thing. Though they also designed Success, which sort of halfway in between the two in the looks department. They certainly are all over the map.

What's so bad about "this thing" exactly?

I think it'll turn out very well. The base seems to meet the street well - the terraces should give it a unique look as well.

Moreover it fits in with the area.

Yes it's not a stand out tower but not everyone project needs or should be..

Back