Toronto The Avenue | ?m | 19s | Camrost-Felcorp | P + S / IBI

I don't think the glass is special reflective glass. It may just be the angle and the sun reflecting on it.

I'm loving the stone work on the ground floor.

Agreed with an earlier comment that the setbacks are unfortunate. Would have looked better if there were setbacks on the south side as well and to echo the beautiful Imperial Oil building (although it does try to do that in bulk and height).

I was thinking the same thing, but for a different reason... those terraces would have been more valuable facing south towards the downtown skyline. I cant wait till we get some insider photos of the view from up there, I'd expect they are some of the best in the city.

If there were setbacks on the south side, wouldn't the building would have a pyramid-like top? None-the-less, this was probably not a consideration because the site has a very small footprint.

27 September 2009 photo update

dsc08975l.jpg

dsc08980.jpg

Last edited:
the closer it gets to completion, the more i dislike it...not a good sign. :(

i dig the middle section, but the top and podium are both very meeeeh. it reminds me of a european-type infill project that is about five stories too tall. brutal. :(

setbacks on a building that is at a major intersection? that just doesn't make ANY sense to me, from an exterior point of view.

I wish The Avenue were better dressed. Too late to change its clothes now though.

Daily Commercial News

DCN is acutally right this time ... The Avenue is only 19 storeys rather than 20s as this thread has noted ~

Storm of activity at the Avenue Condos in Toronto
October 13, 2009

120.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTORAPHY

Storm clouds pass over as exterior work moves upwards on The Avenue Condos at St. Clair Avenue West and Avenue Road in Toronto, Ont. Toddglen Avenue Ltd. is construction manager of the 19-storey, 73-unit project and there will also be four levels of underground parking. The Avenue Condos were designed by Page + Steele Inc.

The Project Team

Consultants on the Avenue Condos at St. Clair Avenue West and Avenue Road in Toronto, Ont.are: Jablonsky, Ast & Partners (structural); MCW Consultants Ltd. (mechanical/electrical); and PD3 Planning & Design Solutions (landscape).

Subtrades include: Four Winds Construction (underground drainage); Anpro Environmental Group Inc. (excavation); Bermingham Construction Ltd. (shoring/caissons); Gilbert Steel Ltd.; Highview Forming Inc.; OZZ Corp. (electrical); and University Plumbing & Heating.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/article/id35705

How many more months until they finish the top considering it is nearing 3 months now???

Sidewalk is now open and rebuilt with hording down.

I was by this place on Tuesday and not worth the time to take shots.

Back