Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Really - tough choice. If you're looking to buy at 1 Bloor or Aura, you choose to look south to get both the city and the lake.

Here you have to choos north view for the city or south view for the lake.

I would choose the West view without any hesitation. You get a bit of both, the CN tower, the Skydome and the nice stretch of waterfront.

Easy choice--the city view. Lake Ontario is such a featureless bore.

Lake Ontario is great to look at during the day. You can see it get frozen over during the winter or see the colour change and boats running around. By colour change I mean sometimes it's greenish and sometimes it's bluish. And the blues vary in colour from light to dark. You also get to see the traffic status live on the gardiner. And if there happens to be some event going on at Harbourfront or a hijack of the gardiner. You'll get front row seat.

Anyhow like The_Architect's points out. West view is best. It has CN Tower, Skydome and the future aquarium to stare down at.

I don't like aA because of their minimalism...if that's all you see in their work then that's too bad...

I have a view of LO myself...find it rather a bore compared to looking at the North Shore mountains or English Bay, even the view from Mtl of the SLSW is more interesting.

I have a view of LO myself...find it rather a bore compared to looking at the North Shore mountains or English Bay, even the view from Mtl of the SLSW is more interesting.

There's no mountains or bays in downtown. You either look at Lake Ontario or the park if there's any. In this case, roundhouse. In downtown, if you're not staring at the Lake, you're staring at another building or the city. In this case for 10 York, you're starting at Ice facing north and north west or north east at MLS. Or you face Menkes building if you fast east. So you either have to face west or face south. If you're above Waterclub height facing south, you won't need to stare at the windows of Waterclub.

Easy choice--the city view. Lake Ontario is such a featureless bore.

With the exception of living right on Queens Quay W and not too high, not too low, like between 10 and 20 floors up. The reason for that is you get the sail boats during the days in summer months and always get beautiful reflection of lights from boats and/or the moon at night. Unless you live there, you cannot imagine the beautiful and peaceful views, even while still living in the centre of the largest city in Canada.

Sunsets and Gardner Expressway

West view will be spectacular. A one of a kind in our great city. Spectacular sunsets, CN Tower, the lake to the south, Fireworks from Ontario Place, the Gardner Expressway at night. I would love it.

Anytime you are anywhere east of the CN Tower, the best view is of course WEST. This way you get the lake, which wraps Northwesterly past parkdale and beyond highpark as well as the city skyline.

East of Spadina, grab a West view.

From Toronto city planning, its now official:D
Nothing that we already dont know

130 HARBOUR ST
OPA / Rezoning 11 329885 STE 20 OZ Ward 20
- Tor & E.York Dec 22, 2011 --- --- --- ---
Rezoning application to construct new 75 storey mixed use building with retail at grade and 783 residential units - 5 level below ground parking and 2 levels above - 33 parking spaces in total,

Yup it does say retail at grade.
What I'd like to know is if there will be a PATH connection to this building from 1 York next door.

The planning documents for 1 York mention the need to resolve their westward PATH connection, so either it was a typo or they are planning to connect it.

Back