Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

The CBC News reporter who was at the press conference has just reported that the tower would be Toronto's tallest condo "It will trump Trump, which only has 60 storeys". They clearly stated at the press conference that this would NOT be the tallest condo tower in Toronto. Do they not listen? Do they not review the footage they just took?

I don't think non-skyscraper enthusiasts immediately connect that a greater number of floors does not necessarily equal greater height.

Agreed. It was very clearly stated though that this would not be the tallest! The CBC reporter asked more questions than anyone else - I just expected her to be on top of it all, hence I watched their report. Global was the second most curious reporter. I'll watch their late news.

I did catch Melanie Ng of Citytv asking Rudy Wallman "will people see this as an eyesore or a work of art?" I nearly ruined their bit by laughing out loud. Rudy took it in stride and replied "We hope they will see it as a work of art."

Yay! I was hoping they'd do an interview with him like they did for 300 Front Street West!

I did catch Melanie Ng of Citytv asking Rudy Wallman "will people see this as an eyesore or a work of art?" I nearly ruined their bit by laughing out loud. Rudy took it in stride and replied "We hope they will see it as a work of art."

I always liked Melanie, but now I like her just a little bit more! :) I'm impressed with the media coverage this is getting, although the condo naysayers aren't far behind (falling glass, "downtown will become a ghetto" etc...)

What is impressing me most, and I'm sure others have said this, so sorry if I am repeating, but 70+ storeys has suddenly become the norm.

I always liked Melanie, but now I like her just a little bit more! :) I'm impressed with the media coverage this is getting, although the condo naysayers aren't far behind (falling glass, "downtown will become a ghetto" etc...)

What is impressing me most, and I'm sure others have said this, so sorry if I am repeating, but 70+ storeys has suddenly become the norm.

You 've bet! Although, I still wait for the SUPERTALL to come...
But even more excited I would be to see our Avenues tranformed by midrise construction (walls) all along their perimeter...

how far away is 10 york from the new office bldgs that went up (Teles House, PwC tower) that I believe are also on York street?

Any chance 10 york would get a PATH connection?

10 York is across the Gardiner Expressway from those buildings (with MLS and Ãce in between). No, a PATH connection is not anticipated for it.

Not that it really matters, but I believe Tridel are marketing this as "Ten York" as opposed to the "10 York" displayed in the thread title. Mods?

You are correct… and it's a matter of some consternation for us. We feel that it's easier to have all number-named buildings gathered in the Forum and in the dataBase together by their numerical digits for the purpose of easy searching. Maybe we should be naming these threads thus: 10 York [Ten York] (etc)?

But problems might arise when we learn the name of a new project after having it in the forum for awhile. Like how 1224 Manning (or whatever it was) became Nero Condos. Some projects seem to have the address move into brackets right behind the name while others eliminate it altogether. I'd say have the title of the thread be the marketed name of a project and have the numerical address move into brackets to keep searches accurate (which, I guess in this case was 120 Harbour). Having both Ten and 10 York, for example, just gets confusing.

So: Ten York (10 York St.) or Ten York (120-130 Harbour)

When names change, they change in our threads too. I'm just talking about ease of finding buildings that are marketed by their addresses. After a quick look through to see if we have been following our policy in all cases, it turns out that some of them have slipped through the cracks. We'll have to consider whether or not it would be a good idea to actually follow our policy 100 per cent (one hundred %) of the time or not!

forty-two

Right. I'd say what's in the brochures is what we should go with. At least, while somewhat inconsistent (eg. 18 York and Ten York), we're being accurate.

10 York is across the Gardiner Expressway from those buildings (with MLS and Ãce in between). No, a PATH connection is not anticipated for it.

FWIW there is the PATH connection in MLS which will be across the (albeit dreary) street, and at least the Gardiner will provide cover from the elements. Also the SE corner will be fairly close to the office towers which connect to the Queens Quay Streetcar station.

Back