Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Hey guys.. I hate to do this but I can't find the info in the thread or online even though I'm sure it's probably in here somewhere.
Is Telus the only tenant in this building?

No, they are not, but Menkes' site does not say who has taken what floorspace. You can check out their site here.

Thanks for the info guys!

The reason I'm thinking about it is because my brother lives near that building and we were checking out the awesome night time lighting on it. Then we started wondering how much of the space was rented. He guessed around 30% but I thought there was no way that could be true for them to go ahead with building it but I couldn't find the lease % online.

The Star

Link to article

Telus to help build $250M T.O. office
Jul. 10, 2006. 11:46 AM
CANADIAN PRESS

The 30-storey tower, to be built next to the Air Canada Centre, will feature 780,000 square feet of office space. Telus will be the lead tenant, taking up about 60 per cent of the total rentable area.

As this article says, Telus will occupy about 60%.

From last Saturday:

It's hard to tell in this picture, but...

3728403584_c9e34a7579.jpg

there are a few guys sitting up there on the fin.

3727599809_aec934d4d2.jpg

One forgets how massive things like those fins are when they are 30 floors overhead. What a great reminder!!

a little off topic...

but how do you guys pronounce the builder's name (Menkes).

I personally pronounce it as "Minks" but many realtors that i speak to calls them "Men Key" or "Men Kiss", which i find it very annoying because everytime i mention the builder, they have no idea who i'm talking about. I could be wrong but I just want to clarify once and for all.

pics from this morning on the roof and the lobby. might go back and get some better ones with my actual camera and not cellphone.

Attachments

• telus lobby.jpg
    telus lobby.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 297
  • telus south side fins from roof 2.jpg
    telus south side fins from roof 2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 282
  • telus south side fins from roof.jpg
    telus south side fins from roof.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 276

Back