Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

check out this pic fom torontowest@skyscrapercity

mlstelus.jpg

...and if one can believe the map posted in the 18 York thread, then it will remain as a causeway, and not turn into a bridge: PATH connections are to be from Telus to the ACC, then south through the ACC to MLS. That means no direct PATH connection from Telus to MLS, and theoretically no need to tunnel under Bremner...

...but why not? Why not connect it directly?

That would make sense as would another connection to the north. Does anybody know if that burried underpass at the Telus site will become another connection into Union Station?

In the last Union Station redevlopment plans there was another connection. I suspect that plan will remain. There's also a link planned to 18 York.

Nice pic! There are plans to expand ACC out on the west side. Any idea when construction is going to start? Has the expansion been approved by the city?

I think you mean south side. The west side already meets the street.

Edit: ugh, south west... Im mixing up my directions.

There will be a small expansion to the west face of the ACC so that the PATH link that runs east-west along the north side of the building can be continued down the west side, then be brought up to the second level before crossing over the tail of Bremner and into MLS.

Construction of that may not start for another year, as it will be at least that long until MLS is far enough out of the ground for anything to connect to it.

You're welcome. Check out that pdf that AoD has linked. (It's originally buried somewhere in the MLS thread. The pdf has a much more detailed and complete description (and depiction) of what is going to be happening.

Really cool perspective view. It'll be amazing to look back in a couple of years and see how much the area around the ACC will be changed.

Back