Toronto Tango2 at Concord Park Place | ?m | 20s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

What's the difference between a balcony and a terrace?

In the floor plans:

The 2nd floor has a whole bunch of suites with big terraces. The 3F-7F has combo balconies/terraces together.

http://www.concordadex.com/parkplace/tango2/

Terraces are usually only on select floors and are used when there is a setback in the building. The terrace is on the roof of the lower floor which has a larger floor plate.

I guess preparations for Tango 2 are starting too? Is that the Canadian Tire receiving area in the bottom right corner?

Tango 2 is gonna feel so close/tight to CT once it's done I think...but I guess utilizing all the space available maximizes profits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics! Helps keep me in the loop as I live in the far west-end.

I guess preparations for Tango 2 are starting too? Is that the Canadian Tire receiving area in the bottom right corner?

Tango 2 is gonna feel so close/tight to CT once it's done I think...but I guess utilizing all the space available maximizes profits.

They are currently shoring Tango 2. I suspect they will be done with that shortly and will start excavation.

You are right, that is the receiving area.

Here is the corner of Esther Shiner and Provost, where Tango 2 is.
Tango2-1.jpg

This is the most Western portion of Tango 2. You can see the truck in the background, where the receiving area is.
Tango2-2.jpg

Tango 2 taken today. Excavation continues - Atlas dewatering was on site 2 weeks ago dewatering and installing the dewatering equipment.

TANGO2-09-11-2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This site has water issues and has caused the road to cave in.

The tower crane footing in place and waiting the erection of it

May 4
8716589067_2899ffe5ac_b.jpg

8717700234_dcf3ab5dca_b.jpg

8717706546_37430e4d80_b.jpg

8717701544_7fb3981d22_b.jpg

There is such a wealth and diversity of incredible and cost-effective materials out on the market for architects and developers to design and build with. And the list of suppliers and new cladding systems keeps growing. Leave it to P+S/IBI to choose a ledgerock-inspired precast.

Even if stone-inspired precast is what they were really going after, there are some really convincing and interesting ideas out there. This isn't the best shot to use since it's not close-up, but in Almere, Netherlands, the city centre makes use of some really great stone-inspired precast. It looks heavy and substantial, not cheap and thin:

usbanism-and-achitecture.jpg

Last edited:

Back