Toronto Tableau Condominiums | 124.05m | 36s | Urban Capital | Wallman Architects

from yesterday:

Wow--if you ever need a reminder of how transformative this building boom has been, that photo does it well. Sitting on the patio of the Black Bull 10+ years ago would feel like you were in a different city.

From GoogleMaps:
2007.JPG
2015.JPG

Attachments

• 2007.JPG
    2007.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 295
  • 2007.JPG
    2007.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,743
  • 2015.JPG
    2015.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 1,731
I think the black brick looks great here, but I'm sick of those gaping holes in the streetwall underground parking garages create ugh.
v38EN2f.jpg
I get what you mean, but it's either that or surface parking. This city/region isn't over the love affair with cars so it's going to continue this way for a while unfortunately. I was really hoping RCMI would set a precedent for parking minimums.

RCMI is right at a subway station. There's simply no way that every building is going to go car-less. The parking garages are getting smaller in the meantime, so that's good. One step at a time, and I'm looking forward to finding out what the planning department's take on RCMI is now that the building is fully occupied.

The building is starting to look nice. But the bricks from the old facade needs a couple of coats of black paint to get ride of the blotched areas. This will make the facade's look pop out from the other black colour beside it.

Back