Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Honestly it's just over saturation of similar treatments. It will evolve. It's not that I really dislike any colours. All colours have their place. I personally look forward to the day someone does a red, magenta, purple or emerald green again. Or even a deep blue. I think it's maybe about the saturation of colour.
These look really good though and white can really do wonders for freshening up a palette.

This appears to be this development??

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 144750 BLD 01 NB Accepted Date: May 2, 2016

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: REVISION - as per the attched letter Proposal to construct 3 towers (1-33 sty office tower on west side of property, 1-65 sty residential tower centrally located on property, and 1-69 sty residential tower on east side of property) on 3 & 5 sty podiums, 1220 residential units, connection to PATH, and 4 levels of below grade parking. See active Shoring Permit 12 283251.

NB Zoning Review Not Started
Zone 3 Dvernichuk, Garrett

You have to wonder how that mess got through the DRP without someone catching on.

1) The DRP has not been around that long, and 2) I'm not certain that the DRP has dealt with the colour of glass. Since the time that the DRP has been around, developers have pretty much moved away from green glass anyway. I don't know if it has just been left behind over its aesthetic characteristics, or if it's also something to do with low E coatings, or thermal properties, etc. Anyone know?

Through a bus; pouring the 47th floor earlier today:
IMG_1961.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1961.jpg
    IMG_1961.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 818

Back