Toronto Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 2) | 299m | 90s | Menkes | a—A

From today. It appears they are doing some work. The digger was moved west. It appears theres a hill of dirt behind it? Don’t think I saw that. Haven’t gone up to the top floor. The digger says “Astro” which is the company that carried out the demolition of the former LCBO warehouse. So this is definitely for this site and not just being stored here.

Bibi L - don’t use without permission or credit -Sugar Wharf Phase 2 Skyline.jpg

Crane count went from 359 on New Years Day to 313 today. That's a good indicator of recessed market. It'll be a great day for construction if even the shortest tower starts. All three is playing the lottery thinking you'll eventually win.

One thing is for certain, they certainly arent working on Phase 2 of the Menkes development as they havent even launched sales.

It must be prep work for the road extension, which is odd because they've been in absolutely no rush over the past few months. They've had people work on it for a few days in a past and then all of a sudden it goes silent for another X amount of months.

In this market? It's kinda dodgy at the moment. Condo sales are in free fall, are they not? Even if this is a fairly attractive location.

They are probably going to move forward only when circumstances permit. Even so, I wish this pair of towers weren't so stodgy-looking.

Another insight i'll add to this which I find interesting is this; they didnt fully excavate the site when they were demolishing the old LCBO warehouse so in essence, some of the old foundation is still underneath where the road extension would run.

So if they dont plan on excavating the site again, that would be quite odd. I think that's going to be something to watch for.

Back