Toronto Studio and Studio2 on Richmond | 131.06m | 41s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

Though I love the street wall presence and think it works well with 205. The balconies just don\'t make sense to me.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 1,534
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 1,529
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 1,520
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 1,542
In regards to the balconies, I'm not sure what the question is. They simply want variety, so you won't see a pattern in it.

It's decent in-fill. They got the scale and massing right and its fairly contextual. Was somebody expecting an icon in this side street?

I find the massing for the tower brutish. A slimmer profile would have been more pleasing and different choice in cladding for the inset floors would of added some needed flare.

The podiums and street-wall along here are pretty darn solid. I just don't see the need for a slim tower, not that this one is excessively intrusive imo. Yeah, the cladding is not the greatest but i do appreciate that it's not glass. Again, for in-fill on a side street it gets the massing, scale and street-level elements right which is good urbanism.

I don't have any huge issues with this. I think in general it is good. I would change a few things... like the balconies, and for a project that promised a bit of colour I would have liked to have seen even more. If they wanted the balconies all to be different then maybe they could have pulled some colour up from the street level to make the randomness more evident.
Also is this considered a side street? I know it is not a main commercial retail strip but it has a lot of pedestrian and vehicular traffic, and more and more little take out places have been popping up over the years to reflect the foot traffic.

The other day I said I didn\'t really like the podium\'s balconies. I do however like the tower balconies. Is it just me or is there a real focus on balconies lately? I must say they really make it or break it for me.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 945
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 964
The building is like a cabinet of drawers that have been shaken in an earthquake.
This designed has missed the mark and seemed watered down. It should be a much bolder and robust given its art studio theme.
The accents of colour are barely noticeable.

The building is like a cabinet of drawers that have been shaken in an earthquake.
This designed has missed the mark and seemed watered down. It should be a much bolder and robust given its art studio theme.
The accents of colour are barely noticeable.

Nail on head. It's interesting, but still seems to have just missed the mark- a theme as of late.

"But hey! It's better than a parking lot!" Since we're so used to The Cheapening(TM) that's it not even surprising anymore, maybe it's time for a new slogan.

I bought a small condo in phase II. cant wait to move in haha. please post more photos of tower II. Yay~~~:D

Back