Mississauga Streetsville Centre Plaza Redevelopment | ?m | 18s | Dezen

Anyone have any renderings of the proposed development from the recent meeting? I didn't hear of the meeting until today. My neighbours are all opposed but I'd like to see what's being proposed
and make my own judgement. I think the site absolutely needs to be developed and I agree we need more density, but if over 1000 new households are coming into the community we need some additional transit options to get people out of cars, IMO.

Petition regarding this proposal: https://pub-mississauga.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=45399

We, the undersigned, herby submit this petition for Council's consideration for the purpose of:
To control the development of buildings over 7 stories high in the development of Central Plaza, Streetsville. To control the traffic to the downtown area and to remove the projected plans to run a through road from Crumbie St. to William St. Making William Street north also a throughway to Queen. William Street north of the proposed development is a quiet residential Street with two seniors homes, a crosswalk to Dolphin School and VON meals on wheels loading.

I’m looking forward to seeing the renderings for this.

The presence of the GO station in Streetsville entirely justifies this level of density. All stations on the Milton Line are seeing plans for high-density development nearby and this area should be no exception.

"Hundreds of people have signed petitions to fight the redevelopment of a plaza in the Streetsville area of Mississauga, saying current plans pose potential dangers to residents and a threat to the character of the community."

This is the character of the community. People who would rather have a plaza to drive to than any development. I like how they try to paint Streetsville as a wiser community than yorkville because they are saying no to development. Well thats great... can you get your stuff together and aspire to be Unionville.

Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 12.02.14 PM.png

It's honestly ludicrous. I mean I'll miss parking there too, but developing it makes so much sense, the fact that this parking lot has been there for so long (and the plaza too) is surprising.

I'm a big heritage fan, and I'm pretty familiar with the Streetsville neighborhood, and see no issues with the condo development. The primary concern seems to be around traffic, but I suspect many residents will be utilizing the GO Train as their primary mode of transport during rush hour.

Last edited:

Back