Mississauga Streetsville Centre Plaza Redevelopment | ?m | 18s | Dezen

Anyone have any renderings of the proposed development from the recent meeting? I didn't hear of the meeting until today. My neighbours are all opposed but I'd like to see what's being proposed
and make my own judgement. I think the site absolutely needs to be developed and I agree we need more density, but if over 1000 new households are coming into the community we need some additional transit options to get people out of cars, IMO.

Petition regarding this proposal: https://pub-mississauga.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=45399

We, the undersigned, herby submit this petition for Council's consideration for the purpose of:
To control the development of buildings over 7 stories high in the development of Central Plaza, Streetsville. To control the traffic to the downtown area and to remove the projected plans to run a through road from Crumbie St. to William St. Making William Street north also a throughway to Queen. William Street north of the proposed development is a quiet residential Street with two seniors homes, a crosswalk to Dolphin School and VON meals on wheels loading.

I’m looking forward to seeing the renderings for this.

The presence of the GO station in Streetsville entirely justifies this level of density. All stations on the Milton Line are seeing plans for high-density development nearby and this area should be no exception.

"Hundreds of people have signed petitions to fight the redevelopment of a plaza in the Streetsville area of Mississauga, saying current plans pose potential dangers to residents and a threat to the character of the community."

This is the character of the community. People who would rather have a plaza to drive to than any development. I like how they try to paint Streetsville as a wiser community than yorkville because they are saying no to development. Well thats great... can you get your stuff together and aspire to be Unionville.

Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 12.02.14 PM.png

It's honestly ludicrous. I mean I'll miss parking there too, but developing it makes so much sense, the fact that this parking lot has been there for so long (and the plaza too) is surprising.

I'm a big heritage fan, and I'm pretty familiar with the Streetsville neighborhood, and see no issues with the condo development. The primary concern seems to be around traffic, but I suspect many residents will be utilizing the GO Train as their primary mode of transport during rush hour.

Last edited:
There was an open house on May 16th:
https://www.mississauga.com/news/th...cle_5778a22c-2a5c-5399-9c23-d05854561a3a.html

2.jpg

1.jpg

The revised plans include:
  • One 15 storey building with an 8 and 6 storey podium
  • Two 15 storey buildings, one 12 storey building and one 10 storey building atop a 6 storey podium
  • Two 13 storey buildings with podium heights of 4 and 6 storeys
  • One 8 storey building with podium heights of 3 and 4 storeys
  • One 2 storey building adjacent to the existing heritage designated restaurant/bar
  • A network of public and private roads connecting William Street to Crumbie Street
  • A network of public and private open spaces
  • 3,621m2 of office and commercial space

There was an open house on May 16th:
https://www.mississauga.com/news/th...cle_5778a22c-2a5c-5399-9c23-d05854561a3a.html

View attachment 564785
View attachment 564786

The revised plans include:
  • One 15 storey building with an 8 and 6 storey podium
  • Two 15 storey buildings, one 12 storey building and one 10 storey building atop a 6 storey podium
  • Two 13 storey buildings with podium heights of 4 and 6 storeys
  • One 8 storey building with podium heights of 3 and 4 storeys
  • One 2 storey building adjacent to the existing heritage designated restaurant/bar
  • A network of public and private roads connecting William Street to Crumbie Street
  • A network of public and private open spaces
  • 3,621m2 of office and commercial space
I absolutely hate this plaza and it makes streetsville a joke in comparison to something like unionville. But this is the best they can come up with. Yikes. It looks like it’s staggered to give everyone a view more than it is about function or about reviving a Main Street.

"There is more than 38,700 square feet of commercial space planned for the new development — less than half of the approximately 80,000 square feet currently at the plaza, which includes a Tim Hortons, Streetsville Bowl, Shoppers Drug Mart and dozens of other storefronts."

How do we all feel about the decrease in commercial space square footage?

It's a personal gripe of mine with redevelopments when they include mixed use, but then massively decrease the square footage for commercial from what was there originally.

Not sure how founded that gripe is, to be honest. Not saying it can't work. I just simply think along the lines of more commercial square footage = more commercial units = more interesting spaces... also feels like its a bit of a downgrade when a space used to have more, and now it has less

Curious to see some better renders on this project as well

Also, if they're doing a public park there adjacent to the library, maybe it should connect to the library (it looks blocked off)

"There is more than 38,700 square feet of commercial space planned for the new development — less than half of the approximately 80,000 square feet currently at the plaza, which includes a Tim Hortons, Streetsville Bowl, Shoppers Drug Mart and dozens of other storefronts."

How do we all feel about the decrease in commercial space square footage?

It's a personal gripe of mine with redevelopments when they include mixed use, but then massively decrease the square footage for commercial from what was there originally.

Not sure how founded that gripe is, to be honest. Not saying it can't work. I just simply think along the lines of more commercial square footage = more commercial units = more interesting spaces... also feels like its a bit of a downgrade when a space used to have more, and now it has less

Curious to see some better renders on this project as well

Also, if they're doing a public park there adjacent to the library, maybe it should connect to the library (it looks blocked off)
That library is smaller than most of the houses in the area. It surely can fit more appropriately in the base of one of these condos. Half the library is underground, dark and dingy. We could be adding more people and a better library to the area.

Back