Toronto Station Square + Park Lawn Gardens | ?m | 66s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

Stupid question - is the BMO at the corner not part of this development?

BMO is also a part of land assembly for the master plan. But it's not in phase 1 of the development.

From link:

"First Capital bought the site in 2016 (with a more recent purchase of the former Bank of Montreal location at 2194 Lake Shore) and has brought in the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board as a 50% partner."​

So each one of you who work and contribute into the Canada Pension Plan will OWN a piece of the development.

The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board website is at this link.

Our critical purpose is to help provide a foundation upon which Canadians build financial security in retirement.

$400.6BILLION
CPP FUND AT
JUNE 30, 2019

$4.1BILLION
Q1 2020 NET INCOME
AFTER ALL CPPIB COSTS

$235.6BILLION
CUMULATIVE NET INCOME
FOR 10-YEAR PERIOD

10.5 %
10-YEAR ANNUALIZED
RATE OF RETURN
(NET NOMINAL)

10.5 %
FIVE-YEAR ANNUALIZED
RATE OF RETURN
(NET NOMINAL)

1.1 %
Q1 2020
RATE OF RETURN
(NET NOMINAL)

I was finally able to get a hold of one of the site workers this morning. He was in a drilling company pickup truck. He said he didn't know what all of the grading equipment was there for. All he knows is that he's going to drill some holes for the "tunnel under the railroad". So that confirms it: they're doing prep work for Street A construction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying...
Coincidence?
You sound suspiciously a lot like this guy... 🤨
a56.jpg

Tell us what you know!!

I put this up on the Master Project discussion as well.

There is a minor variance application to expand Phase 1 to include the western part of the originally planned Phase 3. It's being done to accommodate the new road that's being built along the northern edge of the development (as that road runs below the building that's being shifted from Phase 3 to Phase 1).

COA File Number A0376/23EYK

2023-12-14_lakeshore presentation capture.jpg

I asked this question before...but I will ask it again. Is this construction for the sale centre? This project is my favourite project in all of Toronto.

I asked this question before...but I will ask it again. Is this construction for the sale centre? This project is my favourite project in all of Toronto.

This question appears to have been answered just on the page previous to your posts:

It’s prepping earthworks for the condo sales centre location East of BMO, sales centre to be complete by summer 2024 I believe

In addition, it appears they are doing work on Street A?

G_M_80 that's awesome. Did you work for First Capital BTW? This project is the most important project in Toronto's history. This is one of
the best master-planned communities in the world.

I put this up on the Master Project discussion as well.

There is a minor variance application to expand Phase 1 to include the western part of the originally planned Phase 3. It's being done to accommodate the new road that's being built along the northern edge of the development (as that road runs below the building that's being shifted from Phase 3 to Phase 1).

COA File Number A0376/23EYK

View attachment 527313
Very curious how they build this underpass without major GO disruptions. We’re probably gonna get some more Canpa detours out of it.

Construction update on the sales showroom. Laying down the footings:

PXL_20240416_115758176~2.jpg

The arborist report. The two mature trees that weren't cut down are now safely behind hoarding:

PXL_20240416_115632153~2.jpg

More updates in my recent post on the main project thread:

A construction(?) update for April 2024. If we can call it construction. There is definitely activity on the site, but no shoring rigs (aka "shovels in the ground") yet. And a lot of this activity is most likely related to Cirque du Soleil (coming to this site once again, from May 8 to July 21).

First, some bird's eye views. They've been putting up fencing all around the site, prepping parking areas, putting up trailers and porta potties here and there. The few mature trees around the future showroom that were deemed worthy of saving now sport protective hoarding.

View attachment 556708

View attachment 556709

View attachment 556710

View attachment 556711

Some activity near the GO overpass above Park Lawn. The cement truck guys looked like they were pouring concrete down the manholes. Not sure why they would do that, not sure if it's all all related to the construction on site:

View attachment 556712

The dozer and the excavator are mostly sitting idle for now:

View attachment 556713

Some activity around the northern entrance to the site on Park Lawn across from South Beach condos (next to GO overpass). The concrete barriers have been removed from the entrance; the gates are open during the day:

View attachment 556714View attachment 556716

A mysterious PVC pipe/conduit now runs all the way from Park Lawn to the water tower area along the fence between the site and the rail corridor:

View attachment 556717
View attachment 556716
View attachment 556715
View attachment 556740

That's it for now. Hopefully, next time I will catch them in the act of putting up the circus tents. I always wondered how they do it.

Back