Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Those views are guaranteed by the high floors but let me tell you there are a lot of obstructed views on the lower floors. I've looked out from the 24th floor and had a SW view and it seemed a little claustraphobic. Hotel room views could be pretty disappointing.

As well, 15 million bucks and you're looking at all the window-washing gear and crap on top of BA West. I think Aura's, Ritz, Shangri-La, 4 Seasons and One Bloor's views all beat out Trump's... But that's just my opinion.

I'd rather look AT the skyline rather than be IN it and looking out to the suburbs.

If you want to be reminded of the views from the hotel rooms and the suites, check out the dataBase listing for this building, then click on the related articles at the bottom where we posted all those views. Granted that many rooms look out onto buildings across the street, but many see down between buildings, and many of the buildings like the original Commerce Bank building to the south and the Canada Permanent across Bay are absolutely gorgeous, full of Art Deco detail.

As well, 15 million bucks and you're looking at all the window-washing gear and crap on top of BA West. I think Aura's, Ritz, Shangri-La, 4 Seasons and One Bloor's views all beat out Trump's... But that's just my opinion.

I'd rather look AT the skyline rather than be IN it and looking out to the suburbs.

valid point. But the south view alone makes up for all of that... I'd give the north, east, and west views an 8/10, and the south view a 100/10.
I think the most well rounded views in the city will have to be Shangri-la, followed by Four Seasons,

I just don't like the north view, partially because Bay Adelaide, and also because EVERYTHING ELSE LOOKS PUNY!

On another note,

I'm currently building Trump tower for my model, and was wondering if anyone can confirm the setback heights (for the middle-lower half of the tower) in the current diagram,

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=12

- So where the regular glass cladding begins is around : 70m
- The major east setback/west granite ends at around 97ish metres,

Also it would be great if someone confirmed the roof height: 236.5m and the spire height: 276.9m,

ty

Personally I agree with you, it'd be Aura or Shangri-La for me, as I am now.
But if I was some big shot corporate executive who could afford a penthouse like that, I'd probably rather be up in the clouds right next to the money - the big 'ol bank towers.

Last edited:
historic pics, raptor!...

here is something OT....fooling around on google tonight, found the following article about challenges in getting financing for the buyers of the hotel rooms at Trump, Four Seasons, & Shangri-la...../somehow I think the folks who purchased these will find a way..

but note further comments in the article...(my highlights)..

"a long line of clients looking to buy into any one of a number of high-profile development projects now under construction. Those developments bring the hotel-condo concept to downtown Toronto, and the millions of tourists and business travellers who visit it each year.

The three most prominent projects -- the Trump Tower, the Four Seasons Residences and Shangri-La – have a combined 1,800-plus units. There are several more in the works, each allowing buyers to occupy their units for a portion of the year, usually as a vacation property. The rest of the time those suites are used as hotel rooms, leased back to the management company, with a portion of the proceeds going to the owner."

http://www.canadianrealestatemagazine.ca/news/item/752-lenders-willing-to-finance-toronto-hotel-condo-market

Last edited:
I'm guessing the crane will bring those huge pieces of steel up the tower, and, this is just being picky, but white steel? i was expecting the regular/darker colour like the Ritz, weird...

I'm guessing the crane will bring those huge pieces of steel up the tower, and, this is just being picky, but white steel? i was expecting the regular/darker colour like the Ritz, weird...

Actually the first pieces of steel I saw on Thursday were grey and white. Since the steel is going to be covered with glass anyway, the grey and white should blend in seamlessly.

I'm guessing those cross shaped beams on the flat bed truck may be the corner pieces which continue the lighting feature up the corner. Also if the onion dome portion is to be lit from inside it makes sense to use a white painted steel to reflect the light... just a guess on my part.

Funny I don't think of these as "vacation properties" the way one would in say, Vancouver.

historic pics, raptor!...

here is something OT....fooling around on google tonight, found the following article about challenges in getting financing for the buyers of the hotel rooms at Trump, Four Seasons, & Shangri-la...../somehow I think the folks who purchased these will find a way..

but note further comments in the article...(my highlights)..

"a long line of clients looking to buy into any one of a number of high-profile development projects now under construction. Those developments bring the hotel-condo concept to downtown Toronto, and the millions of tourists and business travellers who visit it each year.

The three most prominent projects -- the Trump Tower, the Four Seasons Residences and Shangri-La – have a combined 1,800-plus units. There are several more in the works, each allowing buyers to occupy their units for a portion of the year, usually as a vacation property. The rest of the time those suites are used as hotel rooms, leased back to the management company, with a portion of the proceeds going to the owner."

http://www.canadianrealestatemagazine.ca/news/item/752-lenders-willing-to-finance-toronto-hotel-condo-market

What's that blue line wrapping around the TD bank tower?

IMG_7053.jpg

Any ideas? :S

Back