Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Here is what stood at the corner back in 1930.

Toronto City Archives.

And this stood on the the opposite North West corner, some sort of Gay Big Foot owned it.

I am a sucker for historic photos like these, awesome find. Commerce Court looks even more impressive and imposing without the taller, modern office towers surrounding it. Oh, to be alive during the 20s and 30s.

Yeah, nothing says "a good time was had by all" like the mid-30s. By the end of the decade, they were offering the kind of young men who gawk at skyscrapers an all-expenses-paid vacation to western Europe.

The thirties gave you a one in four chance of being on holiday most of the time. The European tour at the end of the decade offered a chance to travel, to meet new friends and plenty of fireworks.

To my local eyes & ears

From the BA webcam, I don't see anything going on at Trump. I know it only captures a piece of the plot but I was hoping for equipment and people everywhere! Did anybody walk by yesterday?

From the BA webcam, I don't see anything going on at Trump. I know it only captures a piece of the plot but I was hoping for equipment and people everywhere! Did anybody walk by yesterday?

Maybe they are awaiting the official groundbreaking, with D. Trump and Crew present before the real action starts.

If they started digging right away there's the chance that the Trumps would fall into the hole.

As of last night nothing had changed from the photo above. Chill as this will start soon enough.

They are preparing the site for ground-breaking, considering the small size of the site, I think there limited to what they can do before Trumps comes to TO.

Heres a few pics from yesterday afternoon, pretty much the same thing as before:

DSC_1191.jpg

DSC_1192.jpg

Back