Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Its not about THIS specific spot or the CBD eithe, this is something which is happening all around the city..And no, I wouldn't complain that the city is wasting money on sidewalks when it could be using the money for other things.

We all use them on a constant basis, and they are an essential element of city life-there is no need for them to be continually ripped up and patched as if they were some unused back-alley. The issue is that there is no plan in place which stipulates how things should be done.

For example: a portion of the sidewalk is ripped up for a 40 metre stretch along say, college st., in order to update some cables. First, this is done by Bell, Rogers etc..or an outsourced contractor. Once complete, they are only required to patch the sidewalk and make it passable again. The best part is that this happens multiple times a year and therefore you end up with these pocked-marked sidwalks, which are not only ridiculous looking, but are hard to walk upon.

Anyways, enough about the sidewalks- YAHHHHHHHHH TRUMP!

p-five

The sales centre had a model of the Trump Tower, right? I slipped inside a long time ago but I don't recall if there was one...do architecture firms generally take sales centre models back to display them in their office, or do they get hoarded away, or thrown out?

It certainly does look like something might actually be happening over there. This could actually turn out to be fun!!

we need a pic....this is a pretty historic day.....:D

A little pic for you all, its basic, theres not much to takea pic of. Its a fenced parking lot and a gutted sales office.

That whole area is going to get very busy with construction etc. Its going to be a nightmare if you drive.

DSC_0798.jpg

Amazing... both towers rising at once...a construction challenge. And Trump really is on a small site.>I know it has been said many times but look at it!

Still waiting for them to break ground at once.

ps. so funny I am still being called a newbie when I have over 700 posts on the old site! :)

Well, there goes the days when a pedestrian could go diagonally btw/Adelaide and the E entrance to FCP...

Back