Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

People spending $200 on a tasting menu is no different than spending 200 bucks on a theatre ticket sporting event or a Paul McCartney ticket. It's all entertainment!
5 star chefs are the rock stars or the Wayne Gretzky's of the culinary world. Trump Toronto landed Canadian Executive chef Todd Clarmo. i'm looking forward to trying some of his creations.

Well, when you put it that way it does make more sense than paying to watch the Leafs. To each their own I suppose.

Last edited:
Didn't get the phone out in time, but saw a lonely ogange porche pulling out of the driveway this morning. Did get this.

trump021812.jpg

Shot at 2012-02-18

There's some interesting paving and flooring as part of this project I see in the photos of the driveway and bar. These are two areas where even the highest profile projects in Toronto are often disappointingly bland, which qualifies their design success and impact both in the short and long term.

I understand that. We did do our best to use the limited French we knew, but they were still a-holes. And in Europe, everyone learns English in school. They pretty much all can speak it better than Canadians can speak French, so it's not as if the French don't understand us; they just don't want to use English.

I can't figure out why people are so obsessed with a team that has only won 5 division titles in 95 years and hasn't even made it to the finals since the league expanded beyond something that was smaller than the CFL. I guess that's why they always bring in guys like Johnny Bower and Darryl Sittler for pre-game ceremonies; to trick the fans into thinking that the Leafs have such a rich history?

Johnny Bower lives just down the street from me... Very nice man. The pond behind his house is a great spot for skating or hockey in the winter for the locals. When i found out he lived in my neighboorhood i was suprised because if he really wanted to live in Mississauga then i was sure it would be on Mississauga Road. I would like to think that my local hockey hero didnt blow all his money on useless things when he was young.

Agreed. I've had hellish service in France, Italy and even more so in the UK. I find Canadian service to be very friendly and hospitable. Maybe not quite up there with the USA, but very good nonetheless. When family and friends come to visit us in Toronto, they say the same.

I’m sure the Ritz is probably just going through growing pains, but I also agree it does not quite have the wow-factor that many international travellers will expect. I hope that improves in time.

It all comes down to cultural differences. Service in Canada tends to be too chummy and informal. You won't get vacant smiles in Paris, that's for sure. My best experiences were at Les Ambassadeurs restaurant in Hôtel de Crillon. Extremely professional, yet completely unpretentious service. There is absolutely nothing even remotely comparable in Toronto.

Guys, don't fool ur selves , we don't have upscale, high end places in Toronto compared to other countries.

Don't dismiss the Toronto restaurant scene, while not having a Per Se or Alienea we have an amazing cross section of quality -- George, Kaji, Black Hoof, Splendido, Enoteca, Woodlot, Acadia, Franks, Gu, Burger Priest (seriously), Origin and the list goes on. What the new big hotels are trying to see if name restaurants are worth a try. David Chang is arguably one of the most interesting NYC restauranteurs and has a huge potential to influence the scene with his new places at Shangri-La as well. Daniel Bouloud will take another shot at Canada with the Four Seasons. It will be interesting.

I will say what's a little disappointing about Stock is that it seems more showy than what Shangri-La and Four Seasons are trying to do "cosmopolitan twist to steak and seafood"? Seriously? It's certainly a harder path to be a restaurant in a hotel and you have to fight for your identity but starting off at just trying to be another Hy's or Morton's isn't a lot to be excited about. I think Trump should be judged not on prices or the costliest wine, but what they could have done and the lost opportunity. I'll still try it out, but a bit like the Toronto Ritz (which suffers from the same problem, kind of fabricated quasi-local, factory food experience) my expectations are going to be modest.

London, Paris (Gerorge V was a fantastic dinner) and NYC have a more fully realized hotel restaurant scene. Hopefully a few of these will succeed and allow a really fantastic couple of aspiration restaurants to emerge. On a final point, Paris has good and bad like most other quality food cities. L'Arpege was astonishing for example (though not so much better than anything in TO to be unassailable) , but you can walk down a tourist street and find bistros littered with plastic menus just as well.

I can understand that. I stayed there one night last year. i found the entire hotel very bland for 5 star Ritz Carlton, including the restaurant and bar/lounge areas. The service i found wasn't up to 5 star standards either. i received better service at the Marriott. At the lobby bar my friend ordered some kind of Cosmopolitan, i think it was a blood orange, and the young bartender didn't know how to make it, she had to get the manager over to show her how. A hotel of this calibre should have mixologists working behind the bar not university students.

I'm looking forward to trying STOCK. Chocolate lab sounds interesting

Hey trumptoronto is there a reason why the restaurant ( STOCK ) has been removed from the official Trump Toronto Hotel home page???

Here is STOCK home page. http://www.stockrestaurant.com/ Not sure why its no longer on the hotel home page?

I checked out STOCK at Trump Tower last night. Lots of different impressions. The buildings finishes and decor are awesome, very tasteful and elegant. The resto is poorly designed however. Being on the 31st floor the only windows that you see are behind the bar and the area where DJ is. SO whats the point of having 31st floor bar if none of views can be enjoyed. SHould be windows all around. Drinks were about $30 for a chivas and a rum and coke. Menu looked like a pot heads dream. Well priced for what is offered and location. The bartender said that they have a patio outside so this place will be packed and popping within a month. Thursdays are supposed to be full. Also, Trump will not be connected to the PATH, as per what he said. As for RITZ I agree. Checked it out when open, not very impressive. Very bland and common. Prefer 1King over RItz

Last edited:
I checked out STOCK at Trump Tower last night. Lots of different impressions. The buildings finishes and decor are awesome, very tasteful and elegant. The resto is poorly designed however. Being on the 31st floor the only windows that you see are behind the bar and the area where DJ is. SO whats the point of having 31st floor bar if none of views can be enjoyed. SHould be windows all around. Drinks were about $30 for a chivas and a rum and coke. Menu looked like a pot heads dream. Well priced for what is offered and location. The bartender said that they have a patio outside so this place will be packed and popping within a month. Thursdays are supposed to be full. Also, Trump will not be connected to the PATH, as per what he said. As for RITZ I agree. Checked it out when open, not very impressive. Very bland and common. Prefer 1King over RItz

*chokes on water*

I guess I'll just have to admire this place through pictures and stories. LOL

I checked out STOCK at Trump Tower last night. Lots of different impressions. The buildings finishes and decor are awesome, very tasteful and elegant. The resto is poorly designed however. Being on the 31st floor the only windows that you see are behind the bar and the area where DJ is. SO whats the point of having 31st floor bar if none of views can be enjoyed. SHould be windows all around.

Oh what a let down!! I thought for sure they would have at least one window wall over looking the city, like the restaurant at Trump Chicago! :(

Floor to ceiling window wall Trump Chicago

5_SixteenWithClockTower_CreditTrumInternationalHotelAndTower.jpg

Guys, don't fool ur selves , we don't have upscale, high end places in Toronto compared to other countries.

I disagree. There are upscale high end places in Toronto, but Canadians just don't make a lot of noise about it. As a fairly new resident of Toronto, I continue to be confused by the inferiority complex some have in this city. There is so much potential already realized here.

Oh what a let down!! I thought for sure they would have at least one window wall over looking the city, like the restaurant at Trump Chicago! :(

Floor to ceiling window wall Trump Chicago

5_SixteenWithClockTower_CreditTrumInternationalHotelAndTower.jpg

Hmm.... Interesting!!!! I wonder y they didn't have that all glass open concept in the restaurant. There r curtains everywhere... Could it be that there r no views?? The trump in Chicago is on the river as is totally open from all directions.

there is a panoramic view on the west side of the Toronto restaurant, where there is a bar..it looks directly out at Shangri-la and points west...

There were several large windows on the south side of the restaurant, which were curtained, I believe these will have access to the 31st floor terrace...I think there will be seating on this outside terrace in the summer, looking directly south..views from there should be incredible..

No views north or east - Stock shares the 31st floor with a Spa, which takes up the other half of the floor..

Maybe the terrace is not ready yet and it's still a construction site. They don't want a view of it from the resto yet.

Back