Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

A 53 page thread on an abandoned sales centre. Thanks for nothing Mr. Tramp. I will say this now, and then shut up about this subject forever: (as currently conceived) THIS PROJECT WILL NOT GET BUILT.

I would say the best thing to do is to just chill out, till about Oct 1....by that time, we will know....

Our number of pages on this topic will soon pass the number of proposed floors for this possibly eventual project about to get underway one of these days.

Don and the kids are all coming to town. How cute!

The building will be under construction soon enough.

With Metropolis almost finished and Bay-Adelaide under construction, I think we as a forum learned long ago that projects may move far too slowly for our liking, but they eventually happen.

Another delay huh? And this time the reason for the delay is the worse excuse yet.

There is NO DELAY! The ceremony date does not affect the construction prep/demolition work that will be taking place on the site during September.

The September 18th date mentioned here was never a confirmed date for the ceremony (which is why I've been mum about it)... it was a tentative date.

The groundbreaking event was moved to early October because of scheduling conflicts with The Trump Organization's team... but now, Mr. Trump, Don, Ivanka and Eric will be attending.

I wouldn't read any more into it than just that.

This thing will get built- it just won't be a financial success.

The appearance by the foregoing lot is evidence of the desperation of the development group to (re)establish any credibility for the project.

Maybe this time Chump will stick around long enough to understand why he chose such a dreaded location to Mcfranchise his name.

Are you suggesting we should have a groundbreaking ceremony without the man whose name is going on the building? That wouldn't be a very wise marketing move, now would it?

The Trump's attend most of their events as a family these days. Mr. Trump is begining to transition his business to his children. Same as any other family-owned business. They just happen to have a higher profile than most.

There is no need to (re) establish credibility. We've sold over 70% of the suites in the building. So obviously, purchasers have found no issues with what you call a "dreaded" location. In fact, hotel condominium purchasers especially love it. It's in the very heart of where they do business when they travel to Toronto. We've heard the same thing from Residential purchasers as well.

I'm sorry Vultur, but you know nothing of what has gone on with this project these past three-four years--and it's evident. That's only known to those of us on the inside. Opinions and assumptions are not facts. But go ahead and keep spouting your cynical wisdom... it's great entertainment.

You can keep saying the same negative things over and over and over, but it doesn't change the fact that building has sold better than many ever thought it would these past three years, construction is set to begin, and in less than three years from now, there will be a 925-ft.+ building standing on the corner of Bay & Adelaide.

So tell me Vultur, how many $500-million buildings have you marketed, sold and developed?

There is no need to (re) establish credibility. We've sold over 70% of the suites in the building.

Sure. And move the goal-posts another 20 yards in and I'm sure you'll be at 100%. You can manipulate the numbers however you want, it still appears to be a financial disaster in my opinion. These projects need to get from land sale to construction well before you guys likely will and I can only imagine the cost of the delays and redesigns. You certainly are correct however, as I have not seen any budgets, I am not involved in any way in these project and have no vested interest in it at this time other than an admittedly negative bias against the site selection for what appears to be a high end residential project. I find it quite ironic how the arrogance of the franchisor in believing that he has the midas touch may actually come back to bite him in the behind. I suppose that makes me quite ordinary in the context of all the other negative feedback that I've noted here.

What a joke! You're on a public internet message board defending your '$500,000,000' project! Somehow I can't really imagine the Minto team campaigning online in support of their Yonge & Eglinton tower in the face of scrutiny. I suppose you are only doing your job and I respect your enthusiasm very much. Let's hope you are compensated up front for your efforts. Obviously the well founded criticism has really gotten to you. As far as my credibility is concerned, well, I'm nobody, just an alias on a message board. Your superiors on the other hand are fodder for the Toronto development industry.

Personally, I can't wait until I'm able to pick up some suites in this building at 50% of your costs once the project ultimately craters as Stinson's did and as dozens of projects are doing in the high end of the Miami scene at this very moment.

Why are you so negative on this project? It is almost like you are a paid poster to stir up s8it.

I love this building. Hope it happens, and I am happy we have someone from it to keep us up to date.

Vultur, you sound as if you have been cheated in some kind of contest with the "move the goal-posts" remark. One can assume the developer will make whatever changes they want so as to ensure the success of their project, and not satisfying demands about what ought to be done so as to become the failure you so wish for.

It would appear the project has financing and is ready to start. That would suggest that something is going right.

If you can lay into trumptoronto with a full load of invective, he is entitled to defend his position. I don't think I want to see restrictions on who posts here, and I for one don't mind trumptoronto showing up now and then to report on the development he is working on. Calling him a joke on the fact that he works for a project you despise is a little over the top.

Are you suggesting we should have a groundbreaking ceremony without the man whose name is going on the building? That wouldn't be a very wise marketing move, now would it?

Some might suggest that this would be the wisest marketing move yet.... ;-)

The Trump's attend most of their events as a family these days. Mr. Trump is begining to transition his business to his children.

... the Trump dump? Doesn't he love his children?

The attacks against Trump personally are getting a bit tired (and could you pick an easier target?).

What a joke! You're on a public internet message board defending your '$500,000,000' project! Somehow I can't really imagine the Minto team campaigning online in support of their Yonge & Eglinton tower in the face of scrutiny. I suppose you are only doing your job and I respect your enthusiasm very much. Let's hope you are compensated up front for your efforts. Obviously the well founded criticism has really gotten to you.
There's a perfectly good reason for trumptoronto being on this message board and defending the project. There's a number of writers and people involved in architectural reviews, newspapers etc. Some of them base aspects of their articles on what goes on here. If trumptoronto weren't on here defending the project and letting rumours and non-truths go unchecked, they could very well end up in the media. So while it may seem a little silly for him to justify the project to bunch of geeks like us, there's others behind the scenes he 'speaks' to.

Back