Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

By me

From my phone

By me

photo-1862.jpg

Great shot! I was just up there at the top yesterday and you couldn't see a thing. You could barely make out the spire from the balcony and Scotia was nowhere to be found. The clouds were floating through the onion dome on that top floor. It was surreal! Looks like I picked the wrong day to go up. Looks beautiful today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the fog yesterday was something else.

It was super clear in this morning, but the sky went really overcast about an hour after that was taken.

I think the most amazing thing here is that this thread went without updates from December 11th to the 16th. 5 days with comments of derision and/or purported epicness? A record I say.

grey's photo is great!... however, due to the particular framing of the pic, Trump looks very overpowered by the sliver of Scotia Plaza that is visible, the top would have been so much more grand had it been like 5 stories taller,

Posts regarding some investors backing out of Trump are in the Real Estate thread for the project.

This one has slowed down, considerably, in the last couple of weeks. When can we expect the dome to be clad? Also will the mechanical section be clad in that grey material, directly beneath the dome?

Dec 14
They were putting up scaffolding for the 2 overhead skylight frame when I was there.

Furniture in the lobby area now, but still wrap.

Sidewalk is done with a small section for the lobby area being fix to the point you walk inside the building on detour.

The next month or 2 will see the protection over the Scotiabank driveway remove, so the east wall can be finish.
6524279869_e6921ac306_b.jpg

[imghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7151/6524280487_7a8a83a72c_b.jpg][/img]
6524281751_fd1bca2cb0_b.jpg

6524283665_0a05cf088e_b.jpg

6524283097_c3ff966aed_b.jpg

That KPMG sign on Bay-Adelaide looks comically misplaced now. It's barely visible from anywhere except the Trump penthouse.

+1

Then, you'd also think they'd have not even thought twice about adding a PATH connection, but they seem to be okay with copping out on this one.

Back