Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

It would have been great if the spire had an elevator inside and taking the visitor to top of Trump sign for a million dollar view.

Today:

047qw.jpg

trump tower vid

east side, taken today[video=youtube;8Ep10tlhU5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ep10tlhU5M[/video]

I keep wondering; each angle I see, (esp in person), I just don't think that spire is actually taller than Scotia!?

the top of trump looked pretty good from NPS tonight....the very top of the spire is already lit with an aircraft avoidance light (red)....

SL, BA, and Trump have done wonders for the north side of the CBD. For my whole life I've been annoyed by the sudden drop off from FCP to...nothing. Now that the core slopes down at a more satisfying angle, a la Mount Fuji, I feel a bit more at peace with everything.

I have to admit, this tower is going to look better than I expected when the spire is done. It's still not my favorite by any means but I think it will be a nice addition to the skyline.

SL, BA, and Trump have done wonders for the north side of the CBD. For my whole life I've been annoyed by the sudden drop off from FCP to...nothing. Now that the core slopes down at a more satisfying angle, a la Mount Fuji, I feel a bit more at peace with everything.

I've felt that same annoyance, it looks so much better, no question!!!

AMAZING photos everyone!!! the spire is very fitting for the building, and looks good with the neighbours.

i wonder why there's still a crane up on Bay Adelaide's roof.

It's for window cleaning.

No, there is a stiff-leg derrick crane on the roof, which is not their BMU. It was erected about a month and a half ago. They used it to hoist something up a few weeks ago. It looked like a generator, and I did hear through the grapevine that they were doing some type of maintenance on it. I've also seen numerous electricians from Guild Electric Ltd. on the roof over the last few weeks.

Last edited:
speaking of the Bay Adelaide Centre, am i the only one who feels the building is kinda dead? i mean, i understand that not all the floors are occupied yet, but even still... i guess a lot of it is because the lobby is completely transparent and looks small/unoccupied because you can see from one side to another.

Anyone have any photos of a regular office floor with desk cubicles or whatever they have?

They actually recently filled the top two vacant floors. I wouldn't call the place dead, either. Go around lunchtime and you'll see everyone come out at the lobby, either heading to the underground food court, or to the square for lunch.

Back