Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

and looks like they'll be able to do many colours here ( i think it looks like purple in that shot)
I think it's white only and not RGB capable, though I could be wrong.

As for the purple tinge in Geekaroo's pic, I think that's just the way the LEDs are captured on his phone.

Did you guys notice the metal panels on each side of the LED spine on the first couple of floors? They look dark blue almost purpleish in the pics... any idea what they're for?

OMG! that looks AMAZING!!!! and here we were complaining about the KPMG logo being too bright lol!!!

looks good. and looks like they'll be able to do many colours here ( i think it looks like purple in that shot)

900 feet of vertical lighting FTW!

EDIT: on second thought, i looks like a GIANT LIGHTSABER!!!! Yoda would be proud...

I like this feature too and look forward to seeing it in person when it's complete. I presume it can change colours being LED? Re: KPMG lights, no one is living in BA to be bothered by the LED light feature on Trump but those poor people who will be living in the top 15 or so north floors of Trump are sure to be very unhappy with that blazing light in their homes.

I saw the light in person and it's purplish. I don't like that purple colour. I took pictures too but in my pics it came out more white.

trump vid

video shows shangela at the beginning and then shows trump. [video=youtube;Qnn51QmVMi8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnn51QmVMi8[/video]

love the lighting.. its way better then i was expecting. Great job! great capture! even from a phone. but seriously people buy an actual camera. phones arnt ment for taking pitures. nore for texting .. they are actualy ment for talking on.. though everyone in the world forgot that! anyways back to trump. the lighting will look awsome against the green. purple and green i personally think look amazing together . no matter what shade they are in.i know im concidered a nobody to most on here as im no achutect or designer nore am i a construction worker, but as a fan of toronto acutecture, and toronto in general, I think this boosts torontos skyline and makes it so much more appealing for tourists. As well as all the other latest projects in the works!

Last edited:
I saw the light in person and it's purplish. I don't like that purple colour. I took pictures too but in my pics it came out more white.
There are 2 possible explanations for a purplish light from the LEDs.

1) It's an RGB system and when all colors are set to full, the white mix is not a nice white - this can be fixed with adjusting the levels of R, G or B.

2) It's a White LED system and the color temperature of the LEDs is either very high (ie: 9000K), or they're low quality LEDs.

It's hard to say without seeing in person, and the fixtures are behind diffusers already - but I hope it's #1 and not #2. I just don't recall anything, anywhere stating that it would be a color changing system.

There are 2 possible explanations for a purplish light from the LEDs.

1) It's an RGB system and when all colors are set to full, the white mix is not a nice white - this can be fixed with adjusting the levels of R, G or B.

2) It's a White LED system and the color temperature of the LEDs is either very high (ie: 9000K), or they're low quality LEDs.

It's hard to say without seeing in person, and the fixtures are behind diffusers already - but I hope it's #1 and not #2. I just don't recall anything, anywhere stating that it would be a color changing system.

Everything in those photos is purple, the camera's white balance is off if anything.

actually, the more i think of it. Many LED's have a bluish tint... though there are some that are closer to white,

i really do like the street presence at night.

When I saw it, the light seemed kind of low, so maybe it wasn't fully turned on. It looked fine, I would just prefer a brighter white light.

but seriously people buy an actual camera. phones arnt ment for taking pitures. nore for texting .. they are actualy ment for talking on.. though everyone in the world forgot that! anyways back to trump. the lighting will look awsome against the green. purple and green i personally think look amazing together . no matter what shade they are in.i know im concidered a nobody to most on here as im no achutect or designer nore am i a construction worker, but as a fan of toronto acutecture, and toronto in general, I think this boosts torontos skyline and makes it so much more appealing for tourists. As well as all the other latest projects in the works!

Why don`t you post some pictures from your camera before you criticize the origin of the photographs that you have the opportunity to comment on and discuss in this forum. I think its pretty cool that we have the ability to carry a working camera in our pocket, capture images of things like this, and share them with a community like this within minutes. We all agree that purpose-built cameras have the potential to take better quality photos (depending on the user) but I know I don`t always have an SLR in my jacket pocket.

You don`t need to be an architect or construction worker to participate in this forum. I`m no architect or expert in any way, but I and everyone on here shares your enthusiasm for the built form of this city. That`s all you need in order to be welcomed on UT (not being an ass helps too).

buy yourself a dictionary.

See my last point above.

Back