Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

What is the tallest looking structure in the pic of Mississauga? Is that Chicago? Just to the right of Absolute towers.

Yeah strange, and i took a couple of other pics from the same vantage point with that same phantom tower..looks like a non existing smokestack in Port Credit...sorry for being off topic, dont get it.

That's the smokestack of the St. Lawrence Cement Plant (now Holcim Canada http://www.holcim.ca/) in Clarkson, Mississauga.
Its 556ft tall and on the waterfront which is why it towers over everything in that pic (as noted on the bottom of the page here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Mississauga)

All that cement for our bluidings has to come from somewhere close by. :)

Last edited:
trumpa27b.jpg

Last edited:
omg! thanks for posting that ^^^ from that perspective, we get a taste of what the dome will look like on the north-west corner. the perspective looks like it's attached to the west wall!

If someone has a clear shot from a north perspective, please post a photo.

This is a pic taken at 4:30. They've made good progress today.

6087042222_e8848d9f3a_b.jpg

I was under the impression that the current location is just temporary (all the way down to floor 51 or something) and that when ready it will be lifted and put in position so that it rests on the top floor out at the corners. If true then it will be a few floors taller than what it shows now (based on the picture above at least floors higher than its current location).

can't believe how great progress has been today! and it's even Saturday!
i also can't believe that the dome piece is now sitting permanently on the north side :D
awesome stuff!

and the dome will go even a bit higher than how tall the spire is now!

EDIT: I just realized, the hole where the stairwell in the Super-Penthouse, serves perfectly for installing the spire inside! so the spire doesn't affect at all that floorplan, like it does with level 50 (where they have to create a hole for the spire to fit in, then fill it in when installation is complete)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow are those palm trees (i think) real? This pic reminds me of miami just because of their presence and the condos in the foreground, however the coniferous trees right behind the palm trees look awkward.

Longtime lurker, first-time poster here.

Assuming I have actually managed to link to the photos, behold the Sky Onion (apologies for dreadful cellphone picture quality):

20110827185056.jpg

20110827185103.jpg

Last edited:
holy cow! how fast is this thing moving??!?!?! i can't even keep up with it!... SLOW DOWN!! lol!
this dome thing is looking just like the renders! if not better! I dig it. already such an iconic sculpture on the skyline!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back