Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

trumpa23.jpg

Hmmmmm .... 150 tons of steel, 900 feet overhead, being jacked up and then slid outwards towards the edge of the building....All while, the East Coast is getting earthquakes... Yeah... I wouldn't be walking down Bay that day.

:p

Last edited:
This reminds me of the time my grandmother was taking me down the QEW in etobicoke and told me about the day the spire of the CN tower was completed and put up.... She said the whole highway we were on went totally still...... Everyone got out of their cars and stared up at this new monstrous tower.... she said when the final piece was laid they all started clapping.....

This reminds me of the time my grandmother was taking me down the QEW in etobicoke and told me about the day the spire of the CN tower was completed and put up.... She said the whole highway we were on went totally still...... Everyone got out of their cars and stared up at this new monstrous tower.... she said when the final piece was laid they all started clapping.....

epic.

a bit of that top part of 33 Bay reminds me of Trump... just picture that part on the right the base of the onion dome, and the setbacks accompanying it.

Photo by Red Mars over on the Pinnacle thread

Pic taken August 23, 2011

b2DCX.jpg

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...acle-54-50s-P-S)?p=551611&posted=1#post551611

Grandmother????!!!!!! Yikes I'm getting old... I was in the crowd standing on Front Street that day watching Olga the Sikorsy skycrane lift that final piece into position. We were kept at a safe distance, which the train tracks provided. However, I don't think I want to be at Bay and Adelaide on the weekend when they push Trump's spire out to the edge. Not a lot of room there for mistakes.

Last edited:
Grandmother????!!!!!! Yikes I'm getting old... I was in the crowd standing on Front Street that day watching Olga the Sikorsy skycrane lift that final piece into position. We were kept at a safe distance, which the train tracks provided. However, I don't think I want to be at Bay and Adelaide on the weekend when they push Trump's spire out to the edge. Not a lot of room there for mistakes.

Yeah... People like me and steveve never got to experience that moment unfortunately... I would have loved to be there....

Yup, Brookfield Multiplex has taken over the project, and Lewis Builds is out of the picture. BM is most well known for Wembley Stadium, but they're also currently building the Bishopsgate Tower in London.

so what exactly does this mean for the tower? what's Brookfield Multiplex?

Brookfield Multiplex is a multinational construction company. It hopefully means that the tower will actually be finished.

I found nothing on the net regarding this change. This is otherwise a major deal/project to switch without much fanfare. Many professionals must have been involved in the deal - accountants, appraisers, bankers, insurers, lawyers etc...

Back