Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

So, for the first time in over 20 years a building(in Toronto) has once again surpassed the TD center in height. Its been a long time coming.

no doubt! :D
the next jump/floor pour should bring it to the height of commerce court west. and since the roof height of TD Canada Trust tower (brookfield place) is shorter that Commerce Court West, Trump's roof right now is the 4th highest roof in the city.... funny because it doesn't even look it :D

Just looking at the Trump page on Urban Toronto:

http://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/trump-international-hotel-tower-toronto

but on that page, they have the floorplans (the insane floorplans) for the current levels 56 etc... and level 58 is INSANE! the owner basically has the master bedroom at the base of the onion dome, and a HUGE washroom and walk in closet.... freakin intense...

Yes that 3 floor penthouse does have a very Spiderman/Fantastic Four/Bruce Wayne thing going on. It really should be the lair of some Super-Villain or Super Hero. Did you notice the private elevator running within the private staircase under the onion dome?

(It even has a secret hidden entrance to the back of that giant walk-in closet!)

Last edited:
from today
20110619025.jpg

^^^^

It is downright remarkable how you keep finding these different places to get a different angle on the skyline. Great picture, as always.

Bruce Wayne thing going on. It really should be the lair of some Super-Villain or Super Hero. Did you notice the private elevator running within the private staircase under the onion dome?

(It even has a secret hidden entrance to the back of that giant walk-in closet!)

exactly! bruce wayne penthouse FTW!.... yeah, this penthouse may not be the biggest in the city (cough! cough!... Aura), but it's layout is really one-of-a-kind. basically a fortress/castle/house up in the sky.

Did someone own this unit? or is it still in possession of the developer/owner?

great pic ^^^
trump looks pretty good in the financial district at night, and hopefully, will only get better with the lighting feature and onion dome,

this pic also gives a good overview of the Sapphire/Canada tower site area, and makes you really want to see something build there ASAP, a tower built there will fully encompass the King/Bay intersection, with skyscrapers in every direction, because right now, it leaves a bit of a hole,
as well as Richmond Adelaide III should further give a whole new look to the area., i just noticed, sapphire tower/richmond adelaide III are basically right beside eachother, take those, and add that to Bay Adelaide East and North, and we have a brand new financial district building boom/area change :D!

Last edited:
Great view, I worked near the top of CC for a short while which had a similar vantage point down to Bay/King. I'm VERY curious how this onion dome is going to look, it will be TO's first 'spire' on a major high-rise building.

I dunno, too much of the view is blocked by the office towers. Personally I'd rather go for Shangra-la, Aura or ICE where you can see the silhouette of the skyline. But it is a unique view, rather than from the outside in its from the inside out. if your into that sort of thing it sure would be great.

From the UrbanToronto tour part 3:

Best view in the entire city. period.

http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2011/06/views-trump-hotel-towers-46th-storey-ante

urbantoronto-1419-4102.jpg

You always hear people talk about how they wish FCP's podium was replaced by another tower. Fair enough, but you never hear the same about TD's banking pavilion on the SW corner of King & Bay. I find that little box awkward to say the least, surrounded by a sea of giants.

wow i almost didnt catch Dundee Place (left) it looks transparent almost becasue of the reflection

Thats better than me, I didn't even notice it period. Doesn't help that one of the top floors is entirely lit up. Makes it look like the lights on the freeway behind it.

Back