Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

10 Jan 2011 from Adelaide and Spadina:

020uup.jpg

wow... nearing the 200m mark ^^^
this thing looks HUGE! wonder why the cladding is stuck. more than a 3rd of it isn't clad yet. once the ground level is wrapped up things should start moving (cladding wise). but the tower is definitely making some nice progress height wise. another 4-5 floors and it looks about 200m.

The mis-matched glass continues to be unbelievably annoying. It's a shocking lack of attention to detail in a tower such as this. With every passing day I am losing hope that they will go back and fix this problem.

The mis-matched glass continues to be unbelievably annoying. It's a shocking lack of attention to detail in a tower such as this. With every passing day I am losing hope that they will go back and fix this problem.

Typically those things are fixed upon completion of the tower.

^^^
How easy is it to fix after? I mean, one would have to remove glass curtainwall and replace it. I would think that would result in further damage, alot of extra cost, and still difficulties matching it.

I note Kris that you suggested there is a similar issue with Shangrila. How bad is the matching going on there.

It seems to me that if they can't match the glass on the first go, how likely short of ordering all new glass is it that they will improve it by changing out a few pieces, albeit that presumably they could get rid of the most off-coloured samples.

A similar issue isn't going on at Shangri-La. What is going on at Shangri-La is just a bunch of different styles of glass on one building.

As for how easy it is to fix after? I have no idea, but it's done on a lot of buildings. For example, Telus House had some glass installed upside down! It's no longer upside down.

That's a relief about SL. At least they are getting consistency. If they use different styles of glass, that is presumably by design.

As for Trump and your Telus House example, I guess anything can be repaired twice. I guess the glass subcontractor installing it would be responsible as well as the manufacturer of mismatched glass at Trump and would have payment held back by the developer so the subcontractor in Telus' case and the manufacturer at Trump probably swallow the cost from thier end of the profit. Still not the way one would want to approach issues.

If they use different styles of glass, that is presumably by design.

Interested must be right, and Necessary Evil said it two pages back as well - this is not mismatched glass - there is a new pattern starting here. Presumably we will be seeing racing stripes fly up the building from here.

Now I'm not certain from drum118's photo above whether the single window on the right is installed strangely or whether that is a vent grill, but otherwise everything on the left hand side indicates that there is a plan afoot. Notice the extra thin horizontal stripe in the spandrel section as well? It looks like this corner of Trump will have a touch of tartan to it.

A transistion to only the lighter coloured glass for the residential floors, is my guess. Odd as that might look.

I saw the tower coming into work this morning. The glass in the corner is back to the darker shade we were accustomed to originally.

They are installing the row on the mechancial concrete section.

Hopefully there are no more mistakes.

I agree with Interchange, this patterning is part of the plan. Either way, it will be fine.
We're fortunate to be getting this building at all.

also, the weather wall on the east side is really out of order (last i checked). it says something like PUMRU tower or something like that.

And yes, the mismatched windows might be the start of a new pattern. which is why they look outa place right now. nut time will tell. Another few levels more of cladding and we'll find out.

This is a very controversial building.

Back