Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I too, am a skyscraper freak, but I would rather be a distance back from the core... Say in X2, where you can SEE the view, instead of being IN the view. The same can be said for living in Absolute World in Mississauga. If you're IN it you can't SEE it... And seeing Absolute World is the whole point. In a way, I feel sorry if you live in AW... You can never look at it.

:p

But when you're walking by with friends, you can say "I live up THERE!" *points waaaaay up*

I agree. Exactly what I have been thinking. Personally, I don't think I would like to stare into an office building which alot of Trump will. I am sure the finishings will be beautiful but I have never liked the location either. That said, Bay street seems to command premiums though I am not sure if people when they say this are talking about higher up than Adelaide. Suspect it would be the same, anyhow, this is a luxury product so likely in its own league compared to the rest of Bay street (at least downtown Bay street).

From what I have seen with regards to Trump's residential floor plans, most of the units are situated in a way to offer views of multiple directions. Even if you're stuck looking north at the suits slaving away in Bay Adelaide, you'll still have an east or west facing view. If you're looking south, the same applies. There are only a small number of residential units facing one direction only. To be completely honest though, if you're living in any one of these residences, as a male, chances are pretty high you'd be getting some pretty damn good views of something else on a nightly basis to even care what you see out your windows, if you catch my drift.

^I don't know about that. I sure wouldn't want to live in the middle unit on the North side. Sure my render is crude below. Bay Adelaide would be a little farther away at that scale, but it would also go farther to the east.

Either way, you would have to stand right at the window and crane your head to the left or right to see anything. If you were sitting on your couch entertaining friends with a glass of wine, the only thing you'd see out that window is offices and glass. Worse if you were high up, nearer the KPMG sign. Then I hope you supply your guests with sunglasses.

5225864358_0831c14dc9_z.jpg

I'd rather have it at that location to create some super density as opposed to south of the Gardiner or out in the middle of nowhere Y&E.

I too, am a skyscraper freak, but I would rather be a distance back from the core... Say in X2, where you can SEE the view, instead of being IN the view. The same can be said for living in Absolute World in Mississauga. If you're IN it you can't SEE it... And seeing Absolute World is the whole point. In a way, I feel sorry if you live in AW... You can never look at it.

:p

true... it's always been a touch choice... Either SEE the view (live further away from the action), or BE the view... but you can't really have both :D

true... it's always been a touch choice... Either SEE the view (live further away from the action), or BE the view... but you can't really have both :D

I have a solution. Work downtown in the tower next door and live slightly away. Then you have the view, and are the view. I believe the expression is having your cake and eating it too.
That answer was not really very helpful sorry. Aiming for a laugh.

I believe the expression is having your cake and eating it too.

Going off-topic here. That is indeed the expression in English, but as usual it was mixed up in the translation from the French. The original French saying was on the lines of "Eating your cake, and then still having it (uneaten) too", meaning that you get to have two positive benefits (eating a cake, and possessing the same uneaten cake to eat later) where in real life one benefit eliminates the other. The usual English version is just expressing a commonplace situation -- having a cake and then eating it.

Off-topic digression over.

Back