Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

From yesterday

trump-20100703-1_1278290148.jpg

trump-20100703-3_1278290154.jpg

Um, wow this is interesting. There are huge curves on the south side. We've never ever seen renders of the south side, so whatever happens will be a surprise, and I am surprised.

Here's a cross section of where Trump is right now. The highest floor you see is the residential Sky Lobby. The extra high floor is the Hotel Spa and Hotel Condo floor.

If you look closely on this diagram, the protruding parts are only for the SPA floor. So my guess is a balcony feature of some sort. Judging by the photos above, they could have a glass floor section on that balcony (just for fun) but they won't. That is too cool an idea for this building.

4771476828_593a878245_b.jpg

(Image courtesy Trump International)

All right, if we are seeing the slab above the Residential Skylobby being prepared to be poured, then construction must have reached 132.5m = 435 ft.

(Figure derived by importing the above diagram into MS Paint and determining what fraction of the known total height is reached by the ceiling slab of that floor.)

All right, if we are seeing the slab above the Residential Skylobby being prepared to be poured, then construction must have reached 132.5m = 435 ft.

(Figure derived by importing the above diagram into MS Paint and determining what fraction of the known total height is reached by the ceiling slab of that floor.)

Seems right. We're at floor 33 right now, so we're about halfway there.

Here's a line drawing for Steveve. He likes these. ;)

Plus, it gives the rest of us an idea of the impact Trump will have from King and Bay.

4771120483_ccb498dcb3_b.jpg

(Original courtesy CML above)

Thanks for that Traynor.

Going on that outline, the building is not particularly bulky at all. It's actually much smaller than I thought it would be.

What the hell???? those balconies came outta nowhere!... they look really out of place if you ask me, they're a bit to prominent compared to the rest of the structure.. but heck! Its not finished and plus, it adds some eye candy to the rear end of the building :D :D

Awesome update CML, the glass portion on the west side looks AMAZING! I cant wait to see another 30 floors of all glass :D :D :D!

Great work with the outline Traynor, trump will be KING from the TD centre (or bay/king). :D

Trump is DA BAUSS!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if this building will be visible from the water (Centre Island) or will it be blocked out by other towers?

This tower will be visible... though you may not always see the building in full effect...
The spire will be visible from most angles (that is if you have a good eye) :D

Back