Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

would have been poetically just for that little spire portion of the roof (where the flat roof starts) to have been taller than FCP or Scotia. Could have been very sweet, triumphant! that silly point could have really made a point.
but alas, we'll have to "wait'n see..." can't judge a book by how it reads.

Yeah, the original height/plan was really epic.. 70 stories, canada's tallest skyscraper, etc... it would have been interesting for such a small site to house canada's tallest. I guess alot of you would call the current height a good thing then... And Name you're right in that we'll have to wait and see.. Building plans often change and surprise use with better (or worse) results, The upper portion of the building could make or break this skyscraper. I guess FCP can keep its title as Canada's tallest for a while to come now... (at least its gettin a re-clad :D)

Nice updates ^^^ Even though the rains a pain, its awesome seeing the glass on the north-west corner join up with 3 levels of new glass on the north side!.. i can just imagine how it'll look in the summer! :D

Thanks for the pics, fanoftoronto. I really like this building on overcast days and in the rain. The glass is more muted but still gives great colour and the stone looks quite distinguished.

skyscrapers are my love drug!!! BA and Trump together really have changed the density of Toronto financial district in a great way.

May 13, 2010

4605273620_53a6fea87b_b.jpg

4604658113_ee1367323b_b.jpg

Nice updates ^^^

Notice how they've removed the black hoarding (at the top of the building) on the south side!.. anyone know why they might have done that???... bizzare...

I'd say in 1 week we'll be at 30 stories...

from the 52nd floor of FCP. unfortunately, i left the lens and tripod for my cellphone at home.

4607183193_278a863f52.jpg

AWESOME vantage point barrytron3030!

Man i just love how small of a footprint this building has! it just looks super sleek ! I love how close it is to bay adelaide centre! Its just crazy density over there! and if you look closely, the granite is slowly receding on the west side of the building leaving more room for glass :D

***and you see how they've removed the black hoarding at the top of the building (on the south side)... someone over at SSP reminded me that this could mean a setback is on its way on the south side!!! I think thats the case here! :D

Last edited:
awwwww yeahhhh!!!!! :D:D

^^^Thanks for capturing the sick cladding current! i love how the granite will slowly disappear!

***and notice the gap between the corner pieces and the other glass panels?... now we know how wide the lantern will be!

Nice shots! I love the layers of the building! The granite stands out next to the new cladding because its thicker than the glass so it pops out a little! :D.. the curved glass looks a little more reflective than the glass near the base..

Yes! The panels are getting rearranged because of the terrace/setback on the 30th-31st levels there. The building has a little bit different shape as it moves up from those levels.

They're starting to remove the panels because they're getting ready to cap it at the 31st floor. I heard greece was financing alot of the construction so now all the funding has dried up.

See I told you guys, this building is never going to happen, keep dreaming.

Sorry I couldn't help it.. I'll nvr do this again.. I promise!

Back