Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Awesome! Loved those interior photos. A place not many of us get to see of any building under construction. Thank you for that.

A lot of people seem to be looking at the overall picture, when it's not complete yet. There are so many smaller intricate details that are yet to come on this tower, including how it meets the street.

Last edited:
I kind of like the retro-80s aesthetic of this one, and in fact wish it were even a little more garishly 'Trumpy'. How perfect for the financial district! And lets relax about whether or not you like turquoise green glass or not - no matter what colour is chosen somebody will hate it so why judge it on such a completely subjective basis... and lets get over the cladding issue. Good grief it's GRANITE people, and how refreshing and encouraging at a time when many may have doubted we'd ever see anything other than glass on a scraper ever again! Besides it'll age and weather nicely over time, which is sort of what natural materials do...

And regardless of any of the above Trump manages to be robustly urban in the face of many obstacles and we should applaud it for this reason alone. It fills up a small tight lot and soars high as we would expect in the CBD, and its massing meets the street well and fills in a missing gap in the Bay Street canyon. This will be a busy little corner when all is said and done and one that introduces some mixed use density to a corner that is dead beyond 6:00 pm. Not bad by anybody's definition.

Yup, time to join the bandwagon and weigh in on this one architecturally, since it's 99% finished now!

You have to admit, it's got all the charm of a KGB prison circa 1957 so far. I think once the more glassy part gets its glaze, it will start to perk up a bit.

You have to admit, it's got all the charm of a KGB prison circa 1957 so far. I think once the more glassy part gets its glaze, it will start to perk up a bit.

Trying to elegantly conceal a multi-storey parking garage is never an easy task.

Just an FYI... just posted a new video of photos from early April 2010. Obviously, some of you have posted newer photos of the outside recently... but there are quite a few interior shots in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxGROJKGGDA

Even though the link has been posted, i thought i'd just post the video below for some of the lazy folks over here! :D

[video=youtube;OxGROJKGGDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxGROJKGGDA&playnext_from=TL&videos=hNMDtseMJW8&feature=sub[/video]

The interiors look cool cause you can see through the windows and how they look! Its interesting how the windows don't look transparent at all from the outside but from the inside their clear as day! :D "I CAN SEE YOU BUT YOU CAN'T SEE ME lol "

Great work TrumpToronto! :D

Last edited:
Here's a short video i took on Saturday May 1 ,2010:

[video=youtube;6URCF_crHiU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6URCF_crHiU[/video]

vid by me: steveve :D

There would be an excuse for this ungainly mishmash if the builders were making the design up, floor by floor, as they went along. Sadly, though, it was designed this way - and things will only get worse, while we look on in horror over the next months.

Yup, time to join the bandwagon and weigh in on this one architecturally, since it's 99% finished now!

how much 'Gigli' does one need to watch before they can walk out of the theater?
better yet, how close does one's nose have to be...

nevermind. let's get closer.

Even though the link has been posted, i thought i'd just post the video below for some of the lazy folks over here! :D

Lol, that's the only reason i saw the vid!! :)

Thanks TrumpToronto and Steveve for the updates, great vids and pics!! Trump looks great, especially the new curved glass. still have to wait and see the outcome though! ;)

There would be an excuse for this ungainly mishmash if the builders were making the design up, floor by floor, as they went along. Sadly, though, it was designed this way - and things will only get worse, while we look on in horror over the next months.

Yes, but are you responding to the design or to the brand? Going by your tiresome, haughty posts and all the arch rhetoric, I suspect the latter.

Last edited:
how much 'Gigli' does one need to watch before they can walk out of the theater?
better yet, how close does one's nose have to be...

nevermind. let's get closer.

The makers of Gigli didn't have to deal with public criticism while they were making the picture: they only took it on the chin once the picture was finished.

The builders of the Trump Tower meanwhile have to endure all the attacks long before the coming out party. Long before. There are a pile of details missing. The building is still less than half its eventual height. Cladding is only partway up the part that is finished. The granite and windows are currently filthy because of all the dust kicked up by the construction process. The bottom of the tower is hidden by hoarding.

Not only do I not think it's not fair to make final judgments at this point, I think it's sort of stupid: while I will allow that you have a good number of the pieces of the puzzle now, you can't possibly know the final effect yet.

Back