Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Workers are now pouring the floor for the eastern side of the current floor. Forms for the next floor have been fully constructed over the western side that was poured last week.

everyone!... be sure to check out the latest issue (February 2010) of Toronto Life Magazine!

The front cover/top story is Toronto s BOOM in towers!

Trump does appear on the front cover along with (Ritz, Shangri-la, L tower, etc...)

It says completion for February 2011 which i highly doubt!

I would say we'll see a late 2011 opening at the least...

*And nice shot of the cladding... the cladding does look exactly like concrete and is very whitish for some reason!

Its a testament to the density down here that, even at 18 floors, we have yet to see a photo of it from anywhere outside of a few blocks.

Here's part of it from Wellesley Street using a 55-250mm lens.
It's not the best photo, it's starting to snow a bit and it's getting dark but the eastern third of it can be seen from a distance.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

The cut-outs in the top of the cladding is where the steel and glass awning is going to go.
You are right, Pinkie. Though I suspect that they may not put the awnings in until later in the construction process to avoid any mishaps.

In the rendering, the horizontal 'lineage' that goes to the left (in those images) of where the awnings will go appears to be of a light or white material in the renderings. I'm curious to see what that'll look like as it'll intorduce another element and colour to the building.

The awnings can't really go in because it would prevent the crane from dropping the block down to the pick points. They'll probably be the last thing that gets done

What I find most interesting is the space on the corner, left over from the cladding, is not enough to place the vertical feature depicted in most renders. That is if said feature were to be flush with the building. More and more I am starting to think that this light feature may end up being a "Pillar of Light" running up the building and protruding three dimensionally from the corner.

Anyone have any input?

4254743162_f3c10c6dae_b.jpg

(Courtesy Red Mars)

4207723096_e81e0dae9a_o.jpg

(Courtesy Trump International website: http://www.trumptoronto.ca )

What I find most interesting is the space on the corner, left over from the cladding, is not enough to place the vertical feature depicted in most renders. That is if said feature were to be flush with the building. More and more I am starting to think that this light feature may end up being a "Pillar of Light" running up the building and protruding three dimensionally from the corner.

Anyone have any input?

I sure do...

Check earlier pictures of construction. A test sample of the corner piece of cladding could be seen on the hoarding right at the corner of Bay & Adelaide. It has since been removed, but can still be seen in pics.

Edit:

Here it is:
IMG_oct-20-09-0128.jpg

Last edited:
Well, after magnifying your pic and examining it very closely I will take that as a "Yes, it will be a pillar of light." Though it is difficult to discern from that photograph. In your photo it just looks like a wood-ensconced barber pole, but it does protrude from the building, so that does confirm my belief.

Well, after magnifying your pic and examining it very closely I will take that as a "Yes, it will be a pillar of light." Though it is difficult to discern from that photograph. In your photo it just looks like a wood-ensconced barber pole, but it does protrude from the building, so that does confirm my belief.

It wasn't attached to the building, and isn't in that picture. Im pretty sure it will be flush with the building.

It wasn't attached to the building, and isn't in that picture. Im pretty sure it will be flush with the building.

Then why didn't you say so? This is one case when "a picture is not worth a thousand words". Your explanation was much more welcome than the random pic that clarified nothing.

Then why didn't you say so? This is one case when "a picture is not worth a thousand words". Your explanation was much more welcome than the random pic that clarified nothing.

I did say go back and look at the pics... I only posted the first one I came across. Im not your personal researcher.

I did say go back and look at the pics... I only posted the first one I came across. Im not your personal researcher.

Yet you went to the trouble of responding to my post and went even as far as to search back through the thread to find that picture.

If it was too much trouble to describe in a few words what you believed to be true of the corner piece, then why bother responding?

No, you are not my researcher and thank God for small miracles, because you would fail miserably.

Back