Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I know many were hoping for a blue colour glass, but I have to say that the green is much better. We already have a blue tower across the street (Bay Adelaide). This green will really pop when viewed against Scotia, and is different than all of the other big towers in the core.

^ Yup, the bold colour of Trump will really change the south side of BAC

trumpclad.jpg

Beyond the colours the scale seems perfect. The stonework feels very substantial and heavy when seen in person, exactly the effect they needed to fit in with the strong facades along Bay

I walked past the building today and have to say that based on the 3 stone pieces installed, it looks really good. I am not a huge fan of the green glass, but the weighty, stone framing it mitigates it somewhat for me.

Looks decent. At least it's not Yonge/Harbord condo cluster green though. This is more of a teal, or a Seabreeze Ocean Green™. Nonetheless, when not used on an overwhelming amount of buildings in succession, the different colour looks good.

Keep on truckin' Trump, it's nice to see some real height once again.

I know many were hoping for a blue colour glass, but I have to say that the green is much better.

I think the green is way better than blue. We already have enough blue glass towers downtown. Time for a little diversity in terms of cladding on all the new towers under construction, and I think Trump will deliver on that front.

Everyone seems to be coining their own name for the colour, shade, tint, or hue of the new spandrel portion of Trump's glass.

From the first moment I saw it, I was reminded of one thing... MONEY. U.S money to be exact. I know the shade isn't the same but the overall feel, to me is the green of the "Greenbacks". Since this is The Donald's project, I think he approved the glass for that very reason.

Therefore, I suggest we refer to this colour as "Greenback" from now on.

:D

Attachments

• 100_dollar_bill B.jpg
    100_dollar_bill B.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 150
Maybe it's just my crazy mind, but Greenback sounds like some sort of derogatory term coined for a group of people. Am I just crazy, or corrupted by society of today?

Edit: apparently it's already a term for money and other things. Never heard of it before.

Maybe it's just my crazy mind, but Greenback sounds like some sort of derogatory term coined for a group of people. Am I just crazy, or corrupted by society of today?

Edit: apparently it's already a term for money and other things. Never heard of it before.

'Wetback' is a derogatory term for illegal Mexicans in America. That's probably what you're thinking about.

Back