Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Its an ultra-luxury hotel/condo. The lobby area is expected to have higher ceilings than the parking or regular floors. One reason why this area took so long to build leading people to think it had stalled.

I love high ceilings too, but those ones almost seem too high to believe - they're crazy! This is way out in left field, but is there any chance they'll split those floors into two using some sort of suspentded/raised steel-framed floor in the middle? Otherwise - those will be the craziest hotel rooms ever.

Also - maybe these floors flors are ballrooms / lobbies? I am going to back to find a stacking plan and check.

EDIT - Sorry, I don't think anyone actually ever suggested that these floors were hotel floors - I leapt to conlcusions a little too quickly! They indeed seem to be lobby floors, which I htink everyone had figured out but me.

I like how on the super-high ceiling floors, part of the 2 floors is combined into 1... So you can look down onto the lower floor! (and have really high ceilings in certain sections... Almost like a house stacked up in the sky :D

Its an ultra-luxury hotel/condo. The lobby area is expected to have higher ceilings than the parking or regular floors. One reason why this area took so long to build leading people to think it had stalled.

It's going to be odd how you have to take an elevator just to reach the lobby.... and then take another elevator to your floor.

Is there going to be some sort of grand staircase + escalators leading up to the lobby?

I'm trying to picture how they accomplish a smooth flow of people into this elevated lobby without making them feel like they're running through a maze and being inconvenienced.

Build speed is improving greatly: A pour for the floor of the western side of the 15th floor (I think I have the actual floor count correct! - I may switch to the "level" designations that TT uses) is imminent, as I can see the last-minute inspections being made to the rebar, post-tensioning cables and conduit in that area. Workers have arrayed the large floats to smooth concrete as it is poured and the area is generally cleared and ready for a pour.

Attachments

• TT 15th floor Nov 27 - 09.jpg
    TT 15th floor Nov 27 - 09.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 255
Nice shot! :D

IMO build speed is not quite up there yet... The Ritz Carlton poured about a floor a week (sometimes even less than a week!)... and Trump builds around 2 floors a month...

Hopefully things will speed up ALOT... I could be dead before i see this complete :p

News Flash!!! A Chinese Ship Xzoomer from China Sank today 300km north west of Vancouver BC with the lost of cladding bound for the Trump Tower in Toronto, Ontario Canada
IMG_nov-27-09-0151.jpg

IMG_nov-27-09-0153.jpg

IMG_nov-27-09-0154.jpg

I hope this building will look better when it is built, but right now its hard to get an idea of what it will look like from the skeleton - weird - very inconsistent floor to floor.

You can rest easily, it will look better once the building is complete :rolleyes:

Back