Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Wow, this project has slowed to a crawl. Barely any progress in two weeks.

From Oct. 29 (by Drum):

IMG_oct-29-09-0047.jpg

Dear Those Who Might Know:

Is there any possibility that height might be re-added to this design? That is to say, whether or not it's likely, does the way it's engineered accommodate for height changes at this stage of construction?

I have been told that they did engineer it for more stories and they do plan to add more stories to the building.

WOAH!!!!

Nice shot Ramako!!!

The colours are incredible!!! The whole think looks like an abandoned bunker in a ghost town!!!

***Yes... Trump is taking FOREVER!!! Alot of people were saying in the earlier days of construction that the floor pouring was slow due to the parking levels... but they are WAY past those levels and still they pour only about a floor every 2 weeks!? (and like you mentioned... some weeks there is little to no progress)..

AND AT LEAST make it up to use skyscraper enthusiasts and show us some cladding!!??

I might be in my mid 50's by the time Trump is complete... lol

^^^

That photo is not by me, but by drum118. I just reposted it to show the progress (or lack thereof) on Trump

Last edited:
Are the setbacks dead for sure? That's all this building is missing.

I can't see a dramatic change like that in building design at this late stage with so many units already sold.

Well im pretty sure the bow project in alberta is costing around 1 billion dollars... but its value will probably be higher. Scotiaplaza is at least 20 - 30% Larger than the bow and its in toronto....

The Bow is going to cost about 1.4 billion. I'm happy that the Trump is finally beginning to rise.

There has also been no city planning documents or notices about height increases or design changes since the last design we have already seen.
Maybe they don't need to put up notices to ask for increases, since they had already been approved for the original 72?

I have been told that they did engineer it for more stories and they do plan to add more stories to the building.

... and your source is?

If there were any increases, at minimum we'd know about it via city planning documents like kristopher said.

Then of course, there's the developer who would be bragging again about building the tallest skyscraper in the city/country. As it stands, it almost beats out First Canadian Place. If they were building to surpass FCP... we'd hear about it everywhere from their hoarding ads to the Trump website and in the media.

I'm just happy it's getting built at all. As narrow as it is, it won't need much height to look impressive.

I'm not sure they would announce that they were planning to add some height, after changing the height so many times already. The cool and confident thing would be to just add the height without raising a fuss, and then announcing after the fact that "Oh yeah, we just built the tallest building in Canada." They've got site plan approvals for the height, so all they'd really need to do is apply for a minor variance

Back