Now south along Frederick:

1642898866878.png

Almost centred, looking south off King:

1642898895954.png

Looking south-west from King and Sherbourne:

1642898920835.png

Looking south on Sherbourne:

1642898940389.png

Looking west across Sherbourne: (retail not quite glazed in yet)

1642898978651.png

Looking north-west across the Front + Sherbourne Intersection:

1642899014192.png

Looking north at Front and Frederick:

1642899051201.png

Looking east along Front:

1642899073363.png

1642899089235.png

They should be close. I looked in yesterday and in one of the lower floor apartments I could see that the kitchen tap was installed, which I assume is one of the last things they do.

Not sure exactly how small an apartment must be to have a kitchen tap right next to the main exterior window, but that's Toronto condos these days.View attachment 375687
I could forgive having a smaller living area and the kitchen being located next to the balcony, but my problem is newer condo kitchens are too small with tiny refrigerators and too little counter space. I dont use UBEREats or meal kits. I cook and bake from scratch so I need a full size kitchen. The early 2000s seemed to have better floorplans; ROCP 1&II had small units but the kitchen layouts were practical and useable.

I dont need a big living space or sectional furniture and bigscreen TV, but a useable kitchen with a solid island and full size refrigerator is a must.

Last edited:
We have one of those kitchens where all appliances are along one wall. They are all normal sized, but there is a definite shortage of counter and cupboard space. We cook all our own food and have a toddler, so it's a challenge.

I get that it's efficient, and the tradeoff is that we actually have a pretty good-sized dining space, but I mess up that limited counter space so fast when I get started cooking...

I could forgive having a smaller living area and the kitchen being located next to the balcony, but my problem is newer condo kitchens are too small with tiny refrigerators and too little counter space. I dont use UBEREats or meal kits. I cook and bake from scratch so I need a full size kitchen. The early 2000s seemed to have better floorplans; ROCP 1&II had small units but the kitchen layouts were practical and useable.

I dont need a big living space or sectional furniture and bigscreen TV, but a useable kitchen with a solid island and full size refrigerator is a must.
Naturally the early 2000s had "better floorplans", space was not so expensive back then. You can still get larger kitchens, but be prepared to pay much, much more. In many new builds, you'd likely only find that in a penthouse suite.

Naturally the early 2000s had "better floorplans", space was not so expensive back then. You can still get larger kitchens, but be prepared to pay much, much more. In many new builds, you'd likely only find that in a penthouse suite.

I'd argue a lot of that was artificial scarcity collectively created by the developers, and they were able to easily pull off the scam because of the Places to Grow act and the toxic low interest rate environment.

This was in the 158 Construction blog this week:

"The West Tower Hoist (external construction elevator) removal got underway today, Monday, January 24. The removal of the Hoist is expected to take approximately 3 to 4 weeks. In the coming weeks there will need to be a mobile crane set up on Front Street East to complete the removal of the last section of the Hoist. Once we know when this is scheduled to happen we will post and circulate the details.

Interior suite and hallway finishing is ongoing throughout the building. Lobby Finishing is ongoing this week and next."

I think that I may have asked this already, but has anyone heard any rumours on what may be going into the retail space on the ground level?

I think that I may have asked this already, but has anyone heard any rumours on what may be going into the retail space on the ground level?
Yes, you asked this in July 2021 - I am sure that if anyone here knew anything (fact or rumour) on the retail tenants they would have posted it.

Mobile Crane to be deployed on Front St. E., Friday, February 11, 2022​

FEBRUARY 10, 2022
There will be a mobile crane deployed on Front Street East tomorrow to remove the last section of the West Tower hoist (external construction elevator).
The crane will be arrive first thing in the morning and will be gone by the end of the work day or as soon as the job is completed.
The hoist company is responsible for the City permit for this work and we are advised that all is on order with this.
There will be temporary disruptions to vehicle and pedestrian traffic to ensure the safety and efficiency of the work. If you have any questions please contact us at contact@158frontconstruction.info.

Next will be the east crane and then east construction hoist.

Back