Toronto St Lawrence Condos at 158 Front | 91.44m | 26s | Cityzen | a—A

So much bitterness about a pool. It's not a swimming pool, just a pool. A place to relax and hang out and keep cool during the summer. Some buildings have the "endless pools" which are great if you want to use it for fitness and swimming purposes without building a giant pool. If you want to go swimming in a big huge pool, the city has lots of those available to use.

In fact there is a community pool just a block and a half away, a really good one.

ioWhats wrong with more sky bridges? they add alot to street scapes.
It's strange to me that Toronto doesn't have more of them. I was in Springfield, Illinois a while back, and I was surprised that such a small town would have such a plethora of skybridges in its downtown.

It's strange to me that Toronto doesn't have more of them. I was in Springfield, Illinois a while back, and I was surprised that such a small town would have such a plethora of skybridges in its downtown.

I think the PATH negated the need for many skybridges in Toronto.

I think the PATH negated the need for many skybridges in Toronto.
I think that until recently Toronto did not actually allow 'sky bridges' over City streets except in a very few cases ((e,g. The Bay to Eaton Centre) and thus 'forced' PATH connections. Clearly one wants to avoid the need to go up and down all the time....

EDIT: Word on the streets is that construction will begin ~August 2017.

Last edited:
Sales are just starting, it's too early to have a solid timeline on construction.

NEW YEAR'S DAY - January 1, 2016

Not much to show for now. Still a paved parking lot.

But when it is built, 158 Front will make a nice addition to the cityscape.

The crane they are using here is occupied down the street. Could be a long while :)
Yes, Cityzen has not shown great competence in its L-Tower project and I for one would be VERY wary of buying anything from them - their completion dates seem to be extremely vague and moveable. Based on their reputation I suspect sales will be slow. (Also, they are still talking to the City about the fin(er) details of their site plan application, the OMB approved the major things but the details are still up in the air.)

I do wonder how they will negotiate the small condo building directly behind it, 12 storeys high, the really nice thing is all those heritage buildings on King means no other northern building to obstruct the view. The Rabba building directly south is TCHC so no development there either. The only red flags is the whole SE block (formerly the car dealership and Sobey's) it's all vacant now - God knows what will end up there.

I do wonder how they will negotiate the small condo building directly behind it, 12 storeys high, the really nice thing is all those heritage buildings on King means no other northern building to obstruct the view. The Rabba building directly south is TCHC so no development there either. The only red flags is the whole SE block (formerly the car dealership and Sobey's) it's all vacant now - God knows what will end up there.
The residents in the condo at 159 Frederick St are certainly not happy about the 158 Front developments but there is not much they can negotiate.
Though one hopes that the heritage buildings on King are safe from demolition, past experience does not give me a great deal of confidence.
The plans for 197 Front (Acura/Sobey are here http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/177-197-front-st-e-pemberton-25-27-29-33s-wallman.15060/ The early February hearing at the OMB has been postponed for a week or so because the City and the developers are "almost in agreement". (From what I heard the latest iteration is a considerable improvement but we shall have to wait another few weeks to find out.)

Back