Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Ghost service action; a southbound train approaching Sheppard West station:

SWsbtrain.png

Both platforms empty; no trains waiting to turn back:
SWplatform.png

But things were not normal. The train I was on coming coming from downtown still crawled from Eglinton West station as has been the case for several months when I visited the city. And it actually went out of service at Wilson. When the next train arrived at Sheppard W, it actually turned back south.

Attachments

• SWsbtrain.png
    SWsbtrain.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 372
  • SWplatform.png
    SWplatform.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 336
Which part? I don't see a contradiction. I assume it'll be like the other stations that have had the new fare gates installed – generally, at the main entrance, at least one narrow and one wide gate have Metropass readers, but the rest are all Presto.
The last part. There won't be readers on fare gates, but there will be some.
fV0sLEHtQOaDJUj3gNopGQ.png

For what it's worth, TFL is in the middle of installing ATC on the Metropolitan, Circle, District and Hammersmith and City lines. Londonist has a good video on the process here:
Londonist and Geoff Marshall's associated productions are always excellent (All Of The Stations hit a high point), but note the reference to CBTC in that vid. (TTC is so behind the times)

Toronto hosted a conference on it just last week that some of my associates were at:

upload_2017-12-6_10-23-56.png

http://www.irse.org/events/public/eventdetails.aspx?ListItemID=551

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-6_10-23-56.png
    upload_2017-12-6_10-23-56.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 344
So this article's info is mostly hugely basic (you can tell it was hard coming up with 10 things!) but at least we have a sense of the VMC parking (though it's awful weird TTC wouldn't know their parking rates when we're 2 weeks out..)

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-sto...d-know-before-you-take-vaughan-subway-dec-17/

It will cost you $5 before 8 a.m. to park at the two VMC lots, $12 between 8-4:30 p.m. and $5 after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays. You’ll have to pay $5 to park there on weekends. Parking prices at the Highway 407 and Pioneer Village Station lots haven’t been set yet, but will be in line with other TTC lots across the system says a spokesperson.

Makes sense the private lot is (roughly) 2x what the others are (or $5 vs free on weekends). For most people I suspect it'll be worth the 2 minute drive to the 407 lot but I haven't seen how all these lots are arranged in relation to the stations.

Line 1 Extension Open House - Finch West Station, Saturday, December 16, 2017

The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) cordially invites the public to preview Finch West subway station on the Line 1 extension on Saturday, December 16, from 1 to 5 p.m. The Line 1 extension was jointly funded by the Government of Canada, the Province of Ontario, the City of Toronto and The Regional Municipality of York.

Visitors and future riders will have access to the station, may take a self-guided tour, discover unique facts about the new station, how it was built and how it will operate. Visitors can also talk to project staff, construction and subway systems staff.

For more information about the open houses please visit our website here.

Back