Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Are you from the future?

No I am not....but I have zero confidence that 12 car trains will magically appear on the Kitchener line in the next 2 weeks.

What's the December 31st date in reference to?

See above, Minister of Transportation stood on the platform at Bramalea in one of his frequent press conferences in May of 2015 and promised there would be relief of peak crowding because 12 car trains would be here by 2017.....he did not specify a date, so I gave him to the end of the year.

So, for people who use that line, 2017 will be remembered as a year of significant promises broken.

I believe there is a false wall of sorts leading from the Yonge Line to the center platform, at least that's my understanding.

Dan (smallspy) can you confirm that? I believe provision was made for access.

That's what I've read. There's a partial side platform that was roughed in on each side - it's not the whole length of the station, but it's a few cars long. The centre platform on Sheppard would have an elevator/escalator that leads down to the side platforms on Yonge.

No I am not....but I have zero confidence that 12 car trains will magically appear on the Kitchener line in the next 2 weeks.

See above, Minister of Transportation stood on the platform at Bramalea in one of his frequent press conferences in May of 2015 and promised there would be relief of peak crowding because 12 car trains would be here by 2017.....he did not specify a date, so I gave him to the end of the year.

So, for people who use that line, 2017 will be remembered as a year of significant promises broken.
And what was March 31 in reference to?

Attachments

• 13F5B8FF-E45B-4880-B677-4A344307FF07.png
    13F5B8FF-E45B-4880-B677-4A344307FF07.png
    426.9 KB · Views: 175
That's what I've read. There's a partial side platform that was roughed in on each side - it's not the whole length of the station, but it's a few cars long. The centre platform on Sheppard would have an elevator/escalator that leads down to the side platforms on Yonge.
So Yonge level has 1.5 platforms and Sheppard level has 2.5 platforms?

I mus be blind. I can’t see that date there. How did I miss that?
2016-2o17 is the fiscal year that started April 1, 2016 and ended March 31, 2017.

So, while the promise could have been fulfilled any time in that fiscal year, it is only a broken promise if it is not fulfilled by March 31 2017

Talking to TTC staff at the Finch Open House, there been a number of issues that has surface the last few days for the ATO and only happen again a few hours earlier, but have no impact on opening day. Having people on the platform was helping the crew since there is normally only workers around and this was preparing them for tomorrow service. A fair number of drivers had yet to travel this extension.

One thing about the ATO was the fact that TTC has got the headway for the current section to 70 seconds between cars and will play a big part on having more trains on line come 2019.

How the light filter in the station enhance the station more with the CEO being real please about it.

They did a nice cut out in the knockout wall for the future walkway to the Finch LRT station for everyone to see, but most didn't have a clue about the LRT line.

The station is not 100% done and will be next year for full completion, but very little impact for riders using the station. Keele still needs to be finish off.

Talking to the ward councilors, he thinks the folks from Barrie and other areas are going to be a game changer for the 407 station, but time will tell.

Talking to TTC staff at the Finch Open House, there been a number of issues that has surface the last few days for the ATO and only happen again a few hours earlier, but have no impact on opening day. Having people on the platform was helping the crew since there is normally only workers around and this was preparing them for tomorrow service. A fair number of drivers had yet to travel this extension.

One thing about the ATO was the fact that TTC has got the headway for the current section to 70 seconds between cars and will play a big part on having more trains on line come 2019.

How the light filter in the station enhance the station more with the CEO being real please about it.

They did a nice cut out in the knockout wall for the future walkway to the Finch LRT station for everyone to see, but most didn't have a clue about the LRT line.

The station is not 100% done and will be next year for full completion, but very little impact for riders using the station. Keele still needs to be finish off.

Talking to the ward councilors, he thinks the folks from Barrie and other areas are going to be a game changer for the 407 station, but time will tell.
Did you see the location of the knockout wall for the LRT? Is it in the video (is it at 1:59?)?

Did you see the location of the knockout wall for the LRT? Is it in the video (is it at 1:59?)?
I have a photo, but not in the video. It was on the south side of the collector booth on that wall with a circle on the wall for it. There is a box door on it.

Back